Chapter 25

"Hey, babe" Nathan pulled me out of my sleep with a kiss on my forehead. "Wake up." I slowly opened my eyes and noticed that I was still in his arms, only wearing my panties and bra. "How long have you been awake?" I asked in a sleepy voice. "20 minutes or so." Nathan replied in a calm and soft voice. "You could've woken me up earlier. Your arm must be numb." I chuckled which made Nathan smile. "I could have, but... you look cute when you're asleep." He said and I blushed. "Wait... how late is it?" I asked and Nathan looked at his phone to check the time. "7:45" He answered and I yawned. "Take your time, baby. We still have two hours. I just wanted you to have enough time." I was still tired although I actually slept well. I thought that I just needed to splash water on my face. After ten more minutes of lying in Nathan's bed, I decided to get up. I pulled the blanket away and rolled out of the warm and cozy bed.

"Oh, god. You're so hot." I heard Nathan mumbling as I stood up. I turned around to see that he was looking at me, his gaze went up and down my body with a big grin on his face. My clothes were still lying around everywhere in the room, so I walked around to put them on, while Nathans's eyes were still following every step I took. I looked over to him and rolled my eyes, acting annoyed but I also had to smile. When I was wearing my whole outfit again, I walked towards Nathan, who was still in his bed, and hugged him. And with that, I went out of the room.

"Oh no!" I heard Warren say. He was standing in front of his room and he sounded surprised but also confused. "Good morning to you too." I said and walked towards him. "So you got out of Nathan's room? You spent the night in there?" He asked and I nodded slightly. "Don't tell anybody, please." "I won't. Promise." He said and I sighed in relief. "By the way, Max told me that she wants to talk to you? Something happened?" "We had a little argument going on yesterday, no biggie." I told him before I said goodbye and left the boys dorm and went straight into my room.

I looked at the slate hanging next to my door, but there was nothing written on it. And because I wasn't very creative, I wrote a line from one of my favourite songs on it. 'Here in the dark inside the hole in my heart, I'm fighting all of my demons tryna tear me apart'  I didn't know why, but I liked that line and the song in general. And right after that, I went in to get my toothbrush and to change my clothes and then I got in shower room to brush my teeth.

When I entered, I saw Kate standing at one of the sinks, brushing her teeth too. "Oh, hi." I said as I came in and she smiled at me. "You're Kate, right?" "Yes, nice to meet you. I've seen you around campus. You're new here, right?" Kate asked and I nodded, putting toothpaste on the brush and started brushing my teeth. When we both finished, Kate looked at me. "Max told me about you already. You seem nice, which leads me to my question: Why are you hanging out with Nathan Prescott?" Ugh, why did I know that this question would come up and why did everybody care? "Because..." I started. "I like him." I could see in the expression on Kate's face that she was surprised, or even a bit... shocked? "He listened to what I've told him and he helped me. And if people could see he truly is like, he wouldn't have so much enemies around here." I explained. "Oh, he's not my enemie. I just... don't want to get closer to him than like 30 feet." I really didn't understand her problem, but actually it was none of my business, so I decided to stay out of whatever problem everybody had with him. "But you seem to affect him, I don't know if it's good or not though. Just be careful around him." Kate added and I smiled at her. "Thank you." I said and then we both left and I got into my room to check my phone for new messages. My mother texted me.

'hey sweetie. how are you doing?'

'we hope that you like it in Blackwell.'

'Oh and don't forget to water your plant.'

Oh crap, I completely forgot about that fucking plant, but it wasn't too late yet, so I took some of the many water bottles in my room, in each one was still a bit of water. I took as much as I thought would be enough for the plant, not too much, not too less. 'Saved you' I thought and had to chuckle to myself.