Chapter 22

It was raining and I also heard thunder far away. Without even thinking, Nathan and I headed towards the dormitories. "Mine or yours?" Nathan asked. I know what he meant, but I didn't know what he wanted to do. "Yours." I answered. It was probably easier to leave his room when I didn't want anything than to get him out of mine. "But I want to put my bag in my room first. I'll come then." "Yeah, sure. Hurry up, I'll wait here." Nathan said and I rushed into my room and did what I told him I would do. After that, I went back to where Nathan was waiting for me, but he wasn't alone anymore. I saw from afar that he was talking to Max and both of them didn't seem happy at all.

I slowly approached them, but I also wanted to know what they were talking about, so I kept walking very carefully. "Don't do anything to her!" Max said angrily. "Nobody tells me what to do. And do not even try to tear us apart!" Nathan answered. "I won't. She looks happy, even though I don't understand. But if you ever hurt her, I will hurt you, Prescott. More than anybody has done before. Including your suggar daddy." Max definetly went to far with that one. Bringing up Nathan's father was truly a dick move. "You don't know shit about my father, or me. Nobody here does!" Nathan raged. "Then tell me what I should know." Max said. "Why? so you can pretend to care, hm? Spoiler alert, he's an asshole." I saw how angry but also hurt Nathan was and that was when I couldn't be quiet anymore. I walked closer and closer.

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked as I stood beside them and gave Max an angry look. "Oh, good, you're here. Let's go." Nathan said, took my hand and pulled me away. I didn't look back, because I thought that what Max did was completely wrong and mean. She tried to protect me and I appreciated that but hurting Nathan by bringing up his father, Max exactly knew what Sean Prescott was like, was not okay at all. Nathan grabbed my hand very strongly, and it almost hurt me, but I couldn't blame him right now and I absolutely understood him. And while we walked, or while Nathan pulled me, I heard him mumble words, most of then being insulting ones.

When we entered his room, he smashed the door behind us and then he turned me around so that I faced him, and looked into my eyes. "Thank you." He said and put his forehead against mine. "You're the only one I can really talk to. I don't know how much you've heard, but... I'd never hurt you and if I should ever do, then..." "Don't say anything." I interrupted him. "It's okay." "Seriously, I know that I will rage sometimes and maybe also towards you, but... please remember that I don't mean to hurt you." His voice sounded so soft and caring that I just wanted to hug or kiss him forever. 

"I will. And you can always talk to me about anything. You know that, right?" "I really don't deserve you." Nathan whispered and I had to smile. "I could go if you really think so." I whispered, jokingly, but I could see that Nathan didn't know I was just joking. His face looked worried, so I quickly pulled him into an intensive kiss which made all my feelings for him more and more intensive. His arms were wrapped around my waist and he tried to pull me closer and closer, which of course, wasn't possible anymore, because we were already pressed against each other. The kiss got more and more passionate and also kinda hot, but at some point, I stopped and pulled away slightly. "You don't think that I really meant this, do you?" I said. "You won't get rid of my that easily now." Nathan had to laugh a little bit and looked deep into my eyes. 

"I really love you, (y/n)."