Chapter 9

"I was too afraid to tell you first but..." Nathan whispered. "I'm glad I did now." The sun was almost completely gone so it slowly became cold and dark. "We should... probably go back to Blackhell." "Yeah, you're right. And... thank you for... taking me here and everything." I smiled when he answered with a simple "Any time." Nathan surely wasn't a bad person, he had gone through hard times and those times truly change people.

We went back to his truck in which he drove back to Blackwell. While driving, I couldn't think of anything but the kiss. I leaned against the window and looked outside. I saw the landscape passing by, people walking on the sidewalk, other cars and busses. We were completely quiet, we didn't talk the whole time until we arrived at the parking lot in front of the school. There weren't any students anymore, I thought that they all were inside because it became very cold lately but when we got out of the truck and walked towards the campus, I saw Victoria talking to a teacher I didn't know yet, but since it was only the second day of school for me, I wasn't worried about that fact.

Nathan grabbed my hand while we were walking towards our dorms. The teacher walked away, his talk with Victoria seemed to be over and when we walked past her, she told Nathan to come over but he just ignored her and we kept walking hand in hand which probably made her angry. I looked at him in a questioning way, not knowing why he would ignore her since I didn't have a problem with him talking to her, because they were friends. "Don't care about her." He whispered towards me which made me giggle.

When we arrived in front of the girls dorm, Nathan pulled me a bit closer to him and kissed my cheek. "See you tomorow." He said and then I went straight to my room. When I came in, I noticed a piece of paper lying on the floor.

"Don't mess with me, bitch. I saw you leaving campus with Nathan. I'm serious. Stop messing around or else..."

This could only be from one person- Victoria, of course. I didn't want to have her as an enemy or something, I just wanted her to leave me alone. I put the note on my desk, changed my clothes and went to bed. I couldn't sleep though, there were just too many thoughts in my head. 'Are we a couple now, or what? What if he just lost a bet and had to kiss me? What if he isn't really in love with me?' It was so fucking confusing, why was love so complicated? I looked at my phone and decided to text Nathan.

'Thanks again 4 today. Really needed it.'

He answered me immediately:

'Any time. Here if you wanna talk.'

'Good night, Nate.'

'Sleep well, beautiful.'

'Did he actually just call me beautiful?' My heart was beating faster when I read his last text. People never called me anything like that. The only words that I was used to be called were insulting ones, which is why I got so excited. I looked at my phone again, because it felt like I got another message- and I was right, but this time it wasn't from Nathan.

'Warren here. Got your number from Max.'

'Cool.' I answered.

'Saw you talking to Nathan earlier today. He seemed happier than usual when he went into his room. Something 2 do with you?' Warren asked to which I replied with

'Maybe :D More info tmrw.'

With that I finally felt asleep.