Chapter 29

"Hey, what's wrong?", I asked the crying man who had a bunch of tatoos that I could see on his neck. "My... my dog... he doesn't walk anymore.... My RV is too far away...I could never m... make it." The man was trembling as hell and I felt so horribly sorry for him. I looked at Nathan and he nodded after a moment of hesitation. "We could bring you to a vet." I suggested and the man looked hopeful but also questioning. "I mean, if it's okay for you... what do you think, Nathan?" Nathan nodded quickly. We helped the man standing up and carried the dog to the truck together.

We all were completely quiet the whole time, the only sound we heard was the dog breathing and sometimes the man was telling us about his dog. "His name is Pompidou. I rescued him from dogfights. Together with a bunch of other dogs. But I couldn't let him go, so I trained him" The man told us. I found this story interesting and also quite cute.

Nathan exactly knew where he had to drive and he was drving rather fast actually. The way to the vet was long, the man was right when he said that he couldn't make it when he would've walked. Especially not when he was carrying that big and heavy dog. I was happy (and also a bit surprised) that Nathan didn't even sighed or complained with his looks, he was just focused on making it to the vet. I liked this side of him.

After a 25 minutes ride, we arrived at the vet clinic and asked the man if he would make it from here on or if he needed any other help. "Thank you so fucking much. I think I'll make it from here." With that, the man got out and took his dog with him and then they went inside the and Nathan drove back to Blackwell. We wanted to be back before the football game started, so that we didn't have to deal with the players or other people there.

The football matches usually started at 7:30, so we had 10 minutes before it started. So our plan didn't really work out, there were people walking on campus and crossing the street to get to the field. Some of them were really drunk which was actually fun to watch. Anyways, we decided to stay in the truck until the game would begin, so that all those people wouldn't be on campus anymore. And this time, our plan did work out just perfectly.

When we entered Nathan's room, he told me that he wanted to take a shower. "Now is the perfect opportunity." He said. "There isn't anybody here. You know, because of the water thing with the sinks." Yes, that problem was definetly annoying. "Oh, and it's your turn to decide on a film today. Choose wisely." Nathan added and smirked. He took off his red jacket that he was wearing all the time, and put it on his bed, then he took a towel out of his drawer and left his room.

I walked towards his movie collection and looked at all the DVD's he had and damn, there were just too many. I guessed that it were over 150 movies and all of them were kinda dark and creepy but sometimes also comedy. I decided for a Tim Burton movie, 'Corpse Bride' because I absolutely loved the way they made that movie with stop motion. I put the DVD in his computer and prepared eveything so that the film could start as soon as Nathan would come in, took off my hoodie to make it more comfortable and then I looked around in his room.

I've already seen the photo of Nathan and his father but that horrible grin on his face still disgusted me. Then I noticed a music player with headphones and turned it on. Whale songs. I quickly turned it off and wondered why he would need those sounds. Then I turned around and saw bottles of pills. Lots of them. A shitload of different pills. 'Does he have to take them every day?' I was confused and also a bit shocked, worried about Nathan's health.

Then I noticed the cozy- looking jacket lying on the bed and wondered if it was as comfortable as it looked, so I tried it on. It smelled like Nathan and I liked that and yes- it was absolutely cozy and comfy. Suddenly the door opened and I saw Nathan, only wearing his boxers, the rest of his clothes and the towel in his hand, covering his chest. He was looking at me wearing his jacket and had to smirk. "Damn, girl. It suits you." I smiled and Nathan closed the door and threw the things in his hand on the couch. "You look good as well. Good as hell. You should wear that more often" I chuckled and Nathan rolled his eyes. "Good thing you're pretty. You're not good at joking." He smirked. "You should be careful what you say, Prescott. You're not wearing much and it would probably be cold outside, don't you think?" "Okay, you got me." Nathan answered and then we lay down in his bed, started the film and cuddled.

As I was lying on his chest, I noticed that he sometimes looked down at me, smiling and when I tried to look into his eyes, he quickly turned towards the movie again and blushed. Then he looked down at me again and pulled me even tighter and I absolutely loved being so close to him and feel the warmth of his body.

When the movie was over, I looked up at Nathan to ask if he was tired and he shook his head when we suddenly heard people being loud in the hallway. "So the game must be over now." I said. "Probably." Nathan confirmed. "Oh, wait." Nathan stood up and walked over to his desk to check the emails. I stood up too and then I remembered that the teacher wanted to mail him his grade from the test.

When he was done, he turned around and smirked. "Got a D ?" I asked jokingly. "B+" Nathan said happily and walked towards me. Then he hugged me from behind and buried his face in my neck and I felt the butterflies in my stomach. "You know what I wanna do right now?" He whispered in my ear. "What's stoping you?" I smirked and Nathan kissed my neck and then he thanked me in his own way which felt amazing.

"Wanna go for a walk?" Nathan asked as we were lying in his bed and I nodded. We put on our clothes and went outside.