1 - The Beginning

"Sirius, wait up!" I yell at my twin brother as he runs ahead of me. Our parents and younger brother, Regulus, were following behind us with our trunks.

"Not my fault you're slow," Sirius says tauntingly with a laugh.

He waits for me beside the wall we need to go through to get to the platform.

"Took you long enough," He complains jokingly and I lightly punch his arm.

Me and Sirius run through the wall together and are instantly awed by how amazing everything looks. Our parents and Regulus enter the platform behind us.

"Now, both of you better behave," Mother says.

Sirius and I look at each other and sneakily roll our eyes.

We say our goodbyes before Sirius and I head onto the train.

We find an empty compartment and sit down on either side so we are facing each other. We are both super excited and talk for a little while before we hear a knock on our compartment door.

"Umm hey," A boy with dark hair and glasses stands there. "Can I sit here?"

"Of course you can," Sirius says cheerfully to the boy. The boy sits down next to Sirius.

"My name is James Potter," The boy says, introducing himself.

"My name's Sirius Black and this is my sister Y/N," Sirius says and I shoot James a small smile.

"Nice to meet you," I say politely.

"Nice to meet you too," He replies.

There was another knock on the compartment door and two people enter. A girl with red hair, followed by a boy with black hair.

"Do you mind if we sit here?" The girl asks.

"Of course we don't mind," I say kindly.

They both mutter a small 'thanks' before sitting down and they begin having a conversation, just the two of them.

I try my best not to listen in, but its hard because we're in such a small compartment.

"You better be in Slytherin," The boy says.

"Why on earth would anyone want to be in Slytherin?" James interrupts. "I think if I got sorted into Slytherin, I'd leave the school."

"Oh really," The boy says. I realise I still don't know his name. "Well, what house do you want to be in?"

"Gryffindor," James says. "House of the chivalrous and brave."

The boy lets out a small laugh. "Of course you would."

"What's that supposed to mean?" James asks.

I just sit there uncomfortably. This is not a fun situation to be in.

"It means that Gryffindors are just arrogant and rude."

Not fun. Not fun at all. Please kill me.

"My dad was a Gryffindor and he is a great person. I do not appreciate you insulting him," James says. "No wonder you want to be in Slytherin."

"Really? What is wrong with Slytherin?" The girl asks, sounding angry and annoyed at James.

"They're all evil," James says.

"Not all of them." The girl argues. "Severus isn't evil."
She motions to her friend. So his name is Severus.

"He might be." James shrugs.