10 - Sleep is for the Dead

It was the end of term and exams were beginning. Teachers were handing out more homework and we had loads of revision and notes, Sirius and James are constantly complaining about how ridiculous it is.
Second year exams don't really mean anything but we get to choose classes to take next year. I have no clue what I'm picking.
I definitely want to take Care of Magical Creatures and muggle studies - just to piss off mum - but I don't know what other class I'm taking. I'm sitting in the common room, thinking about my options.

Remus comes down from the boys dorms, notices me sitting by the fireplace and joins me, sitting on the couch next to me.

"Remus, what subjects are you taking next year?" I ask, looking up slightly at the taller boy.

"Um, Ancient Runes seems quite interesting, though I'm not quite sure what else to take." He responds.

"How about you take Care of Magical Creatures and I'll take Ancient Runes and we'll probably have those classes together." I suggest and Remus' face lightens up a bit.

"Sure," He says enthusiastically. "It'll be good to have someone to talk to in class, we both know that James, Peter and Sirius definitely aren't taking Ancient Runes, it'll be nice having you there" I smile slightly.

"Welp, glad that the choices are out the way," I say. "Still need to study for the exams though," I slouch down into the couch. "I really don't want to," Remus laughs at me. "Don't laugh, it's a real problem."

"I could help you if you want." He offers.

"No, its fine." I say. "I prefer studying at night and I don't want to bother your sleep."

"Y/n, its not healthy to stay up all night studying."

"Never said it was." I say with a shrug. "I just work better at night. The stars help me relax."

Remus shakes his head and chuckles slightly.

"Do you even sleep?" He asks jokingly.

"Sleep is for the dead." I say looking him in the eye, trying to be as serious as possible but failing as I feel myself grin.

~*𓃦*~

"Y/n, go to sleep." Lily groans tiredly.

"I just need to finish this book." I respond.

"Well maybe if you stopped procrastinating during the day, you would be done studying and I wouldn't be considering killing you right now."

"Shut up, you love me." I say and Lily groans again and stuff her head in her pillow. "I'll just go down to the common room to study, sorry for bothering you."

"No, this is your room too, if you just flip the pages a bit quieter then it's fine." Lily insists but I'm already grabbing all my stuff and walking to the door.

I take my usual seat in the common room, the armchair by the fireplace, and continue the book. It's so boring. I can feel my eyes begin to get heavy. I refuse to let them close. I need to finish this book.

"Y/n?" I hear a familiar voice call from behind me. I turn to see Remus standing at the bottom of the boy's staircase.

"What are you doing up?" I ask.

"What are you doing up?" He retaliates.

"I asked you first."

"Couldn't sleep." He shrugs. "I swear to Merlin, Y/n, if you're studying I'm going to kill you."