34 - Hurt

The Christmas holidays end and we're soon back to school. The events of the party were all anyone could talk about for a while, but everyone seemed to brush it off like it's nothing way too quickly.

~*𓃦*~

"Right, I've got to go." Remus says and stands up.

"We'll be there in about ten minutes." Peter says and Remus sighs.

"Stay safe." He mutters and kisses me on the top of my head.

"Hey, where's my kiss?" James jokes. Remus just glares at him for a second before walking away.

He exits the room and I frown watching him go. I hate the full moon.

After waiting around about few minutes we all sneak out, with the help of James' invisibility cloak, and head down to the Whomping Willow.

We all transform into our animagus forms and Peter presses the branch which stops the tree and we enter the tunnel.

We walk the distance and hear Remus' pained screams and groans as he transforms. It still breaks my heart hearing him like this, no matter how many times we accompany him it never gets easier.

We continue along the dreary tunnel and eventually arrive at the shack.

Remus has already fully transformed by the time we get there.
I slowly and calmly walk towards him but I stop when I hear footsteps in the hallway outside this room. Human footsteps.

James leaves the room to go investigate.

The werewolf must sense that there are humans nearby and tries to exit the door that James went through. I stop him, ignore the anxious feeling that forms in my stomach as he snarls at me.

"Let me through Potter." I hear Severus yell.

Oh for fuck sake.

"Severus, it isn't safe." James says calmly.

"What could you be hiding behind that door that is so dangerous." Severus says.

"You don't understand, you cant go back there."

I try to ignore the conversation and focus on keeping the werewolf contained in this room, which is a difficult task even with Sirius' help.

The werewolf snaps at me, trying to get me to back away from the door, but I don't move. The wolf barks at me angrily but I still don't budge.
That's when I feel a sharp pain in my leg. The werewolf had scratched my leg and in the split-second that I lost focus, he dashes through the door but I hear him stop once he gets to the tunnel. Sirius looks at me in concern (or as much concern that can be shown on the face of a dog) but I just ignore him.

I get back up on my feet (or paws, I guess) and limp over. Thankfully there was no one else in the tunnel and the wolf seemed to be sniffing the air, trying to catch the scent of any humans.

The wolf seems to give up its hunt and turns around to face me. Once it catches sight of my leg I swear I see remorse in the creatures eyes. He heads back into the room and I limp after him. This has already been a long night and it's nowhere near being over.

James doesn't come back into the room and I can't see Peter either, so I assume he followed after James.

It's difficult to keep the werewolf inside, especially now when he's restless and frustrated and I'm injured.

Eventually, he falls asleep and I lay down in relief. My leg really hurts, it's nice to take pressure off it. I don't fall asleep though. I don't think I can.