36 - Normal?

"Hey," Regulus says, joining me at my table in the library. I thought I had effectively hidden myself away from the world, sitting in the far corner of the room where all the really old, boring books are, but apparently Regulus found me quite easily.

"Hi," I respond.

"I've heard about everything that's happening," He says and I groan, hiding my face in the book I had been reading. "I just wanted to make sure you're alright. And don't bother lying to me, because it's obvious that you're not alright."

"How is it obvious?"

"Nobody who is alright hides away in the back of a library."

"Maybe I'm here because I wanted somewhere really quiet to read my book," I argue.

"Really?"

"No, I just hate everyone and don't want to interact with humans right now."

"Yeah, I thought so." He nods. "Care to explain what happened?"

"I cant," I say. "It would require me telling you things that I cant tell anyone."

"What, is it illegal or something?" He jokes.

"Actually, yes."

"I genuinely cant tell whether you're being sarcastic or not."

I just shrug. He changes the subject when he realises that I'm not going to say anything more.

"So, what exactly is going on with you and Remus?"

"We broke up," I mumble.

"Yeah, I figured that out myself," He says. "I was more so wondering why you've been avoiding him. I mean, you were really close even before you got together, I always assumed that if you ever broke up, you'd at least stay friends."

"It's... complicated."

"Or you're just being stubborn."

"Shut up."

"You know I'm right," He argues. "You clearly miss him, and he definitely misses you so-"

"Wait, wait, wait," I say quickly. "Where did you get that from?"

"The way you both look at each other," He answers. "Neither of you is very subtle."

"Asshole," I mumble.

"I'm just saying that you should try to be friends with him," He says. "I know that it probably hurts that he broke up with you, but you cant avoid him forever."

"I don't know, I'm extremely stubborn, I feel like I could definitely avoid someone forever."

"Y/n."

"Keep annoying me and I'll avoid you forever."

"Nah, you wouldn't do that, I'm your favourite brother."

"That's only because our other brother is even more annoying."

"Yeah, he's a pain in the ass," Regulus agrees. "But let's not change the subject."

"But I like changing the subject."

"Y/n, you're clearly miserable, so quit being stubborn and go talk to him."

~*𓃦*~

I frown as I listen to the werewolf howl in pain.

The boys had told me that they can handle Remus without me, but I hate the thought of not being there for him. I know that we're not currently on speaking terms, but I hate the thought of tonight being terrible for him and me not being there to help.