40 - The Best Christmas

~*Y/'s POV*~

It was almost the Christmas holidays. No more stress of homework. No more teachers nagging us. No more staying up late at night to finish some ridiculously long essay for a class that isn't even important.

This year me, James and Sirius are spending Christmas with James' parents. Peter is going home to spend the holidays with his parents and Remus is doing the same, which sucks, I really hoped that we would spend Christmas together.

It is understandable though, Christmas is supposed to be a time for family, he should spend his Christmas with his mum.

"I have a brilliant idea," Remus says excitedly as he sits beside me on the couch, where I was catching up on some reading.

"What is it?" I ask, looking up from my book.

"You want to spend Christmas together right?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I put my book down.

"Why don't you come with me," He suggests.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to intrude on your Christmas celebrations."

"Y/n, you wouldn't be intruding on anything, it would just be me and my mum chilling out and watching movies the whole time otherwise. Besides, my mum has been pestering me about bringing you around again. What do you say?"

"Sure," I say happily. "Seems like a great idea. You'll have to tell James and Sirius though, they are looking forward to driving me crazy all holidays."

Remus chuckles and kisses me. "I knew you'd agree."

~*𓃦*~

"You're spending Christmas with Remus and his family?" Sirius asks as James stands beside him, both boys looking quite upset.

"Yeah, I am," I say cautiously.

"Really?" Sirius exclaims, clearly refusing to believe me. "But we always spend Christmas together."

"I know," I say. "But Remus and I want to spend Christmas together. And the holidays are only two weeks long. "

James pouts. "We'll really miss you."

"I'll miss you guys too," I say honestly, as much as the boys drive me crazy I do actually love them and it does kinda hurt me that we wont be spending Christmas together.
"How about halfway through the holidays, just after Christmas, me and Remus join you both at James' house and we spend the rest of the holidays together." I suggest.

"But it wont be Christmas without you." James whines.

"Here's an idea," I say after a moment of thought. "We celebrate Christmas but don't open any presents from each other, then when me and Remus arrive we have our own mini Christmas."

"That's actually a really good idea." James says but Sirius is still pouting.

"Sirius, what's wrong?" I ask.

"I'll miss you." He answers.

"You wont see me for one week, stop being dramatic."

"No."

The train ride back to Kings Cross was long and painful, as usual, but I'm used to it by now. Sirius was practically refusing to even look at me or Remus, he was still in a mood because he wont see me on Christmas.

He is such a child.

We finally arrive at the station, I couldn't wait to get out of this cramped compartment and stretch my legs. To avoid the rush of people exiting the train we wait in our compartment for most people to leave so that the train isn't cramped and we are much less likely to lose each other that way.