19 - Mistletoe Kiss

"So, what's everyone doing for Christmas this year?" James asks.

"Y/n and I are staying here," Sirius answers. "Mum did tell us we need to come home, but we've both decided we don't give a shit."

"Fair enough. Peter? Remus?"

"I'm going home." Remus answers.

"Yeah, me too," Peter says. "My whole family is going to be there."

"Alright, well you two," James addresses me and Sirius. "Wanna come to my house?"

"Sure." I shrug.

"Sounds fun." Sirius adds.

~*𓃦*~

I walk through the halls with Lily, Alice and Marlene, but we all stop and turn around when someone yells my name, followed by the sound of someone running towards us.

"Change... of plans," James pants out upon catching up with us. "Christmas... here... not home."

"And you ran to tell me that?" I question.

"Of course." He says with a grin.

"Alright weirdo."

I roll my eyes as James runs off again.

"I genuinely wonder why you are friends with him." Lily says jokingly.

"Yeah, I wonder that too." I respond.

~*𓃦*~

I lay in bed, enjoying the silence of my bedroom as I read.

I groan when there's a knock at the door. I get out of bed, putting my book down, and go answer it. I smile slightly when I see Remus.

"Hey," I greet him cheerfully. Then I notice he's frowning. "What's wrong?"

"I'm staying here for the holidays." He shrugs. I motion for him to come in and we go sit down on my bed.

"I'm sorry," I say softly. "I know how much you were looking forward to going home."

"It's fine," He mumbles. "It just kinda sucks."

"Well, I promise I'll make sure you have a great Christmas."

He smiles slightly. "Thank you."

~*𓃦*~

I don't know who did it, but someone has put up enchanted mistletoe all around Hogwarts. If two people get caught under it, they are stuck in place until they kiss.

If I find out who did this, they will not live to see Christmas.

This terrifies me all through early December, but by the time the holidays come around I kinda end up forgetting about it.

Until Remus and I are walking to the library together and suddenly we cant move.

I look up and, sure enough, there's the mistletoe.

"Son of a bitch!" I exclaim.

"We- we don't need to," Remus says quickly and I notice he is blushing. "I'm sure there's a counter-spell, maybe we can figure it out."

I know that there's very little chance we'll be able to figure it out, so I muster up all the courage I have and press a small kiss to Remus' cheek. His face goes bright red.