6 - Escape to James'

Tw: abuse

Being at home was only getting worse and worse.

Mum has not only been hitting Sirius and I, she's also been using magic on us. It's painful but there's nothing we can do to stop it.

We were laying in our beds, neither of us talking. We haven't really been talking to each other as much as we usually would.

"Y/n?" Sirius breaks the silence.

"Yeah?"

"I hate it here." He says.

"Well yeah, I'd be concerned if you were enjoying yourself."

I hear him quietly sigh. "I miss James."

"I miss feeling joy." I respond.

We return to the silence and we stay like that for a while until I get up off my bed and lay down beside Sirius.

"You okay?" He asks, looking at me with concern.

"Yeah, I just need a hug." I mumble and he wraps his arms around me.

"I can't wait until Summer is over." Sirius says quietly and I slightly nod my head in agreement.

~*𓃦*~

Dear Y/n,

How are you? How's your summer been?
Mine's been pretty boring, I never really thought I'd miss James, Peter and Sirius annoying me all the time but I do. It's shocking.
I really miss you though.
Will you be able to come to James' like we planned? If it's still okay with James' parents of course. I hope you can, I can't wait to see you again.
I've read a few books that I think you'd like, I'll probably ramble on about them when I see you so be prepared for that.
Sorry this letter is so short, it's because nothing has happened, I just wanted to talk to you I guess.
I'll hopefully see you soon.
Remus.

I smile to myself as I read the letter. I miss him.

I go grab a piece of parchment and a quill before writing a response to Remus.

Dear Remus,
I miss you too. So much.
My summer has also been boring, but I'm doing okay.
Sirius has been as annoying as usual, its surprising I haven't killed him yet. I've been going crazy here with only him to talk to.
And about going to James' house, I don't know if Sirius and I will be able to. But if you do go, I hope you have a good time.
Only a month left of the holidays and then we'll be back at school. I know this probably sounds insane, but I'm missing school.
I hope everything is great for you, and that the rest of your summer is fun.
I can't wait to see you.
Y/n.

I finish writing the letter as Sirius walks into the room, avoiding looking at me. He instantly flops down on his bed and lies on his side, facing the wall.

"What happened?" I ask as I put the letter into an envelope, giving it to the owl that delivered Remus' letter. The owl flies off but Sirius still hasn't responded to me.

I go and sit down on his bed.

"Sirius?" I ask softly. "What did she do?"

I hear him sigh as he rolls over and I instantly notice he has a huge bruise on the left side of his face. I involuntarily let out a small gasp.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it." He mutters, rolling back onto his side.

"It's not nothing," I say. "Are you okay?"