2 - Friends

After the feast was over, we are lead to the common room.

The Gryffindor common room was behind a portrait of a lady.
The prefect tells the portrait the password and it swings open to reveal a whole in the wall.

We all scrambled through and as we entered we saw a lot of red and gold everywhere. It's a cosy round room and there were portraits of people and animals on the walls. A bookshelf with loads of books in it is up against one of the walls. At the back there's a staircase, presumably leading to the dorms. There's plenty of comfy looking armchairs scattered around the room.  Lots of books and parchment litter the room on the floors and coffee tables.  There's a nice looking fireplace, it looked like it would be a good place to sit and read a book, especially in the colder, winter months.

"Up the stairs are your dorm rooms, boys take the stairs on the left, and girls take the right. All of your belongings will already be in your rooms. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or one of the older students," The prefect says kindly.

We all begin heading up to our rooms. I stay near the back of the group in fear of being squashed to death. Everyone is cramped together while going up the stairs so I just wait behind a little bit. I thought I was alone but then I notice Sirius, Remus and James waiting with me.

"Why you just standing there?" James asks.

"I'm not that fond of being really close to people and it looked really cramped with everyone going up the stairs at the same time," I explain. "I'd rather not get trampled to death."

"You strange little anti-social human," Sirius says while shaking his head and puts his arm around my shoulder. I roll my eyes at him, pushing his arm off me. We stand there for a bit, just talking, when we finally decide to head up the stairs.

We part ways and I slowly climb the stairs and eventually find my room. I cautiously open the door and step in. It is a round room with four four-poster beds. On the beds there was some red and gold, cosy-looking blankets that looked like they would be nice to wrap myself up when I'm cold. At the end of each bed there was our trunks that had all our stuff in them. There are two windows in the room, one next to the bed of a girl with short, blonde hair, and the other was next to a bed with no one near it. I go to walk over to the bed but I stop when I notice the red-headed girl from the train staring at me.

"Hey," I say quietly. "I'm sorry about what James said to your friend when we were on the train. I haven't known him for long but I can already tell he's a moron."

"Its okay, it wasn't you that said anything." She shrugs.

"I'm Y/n Black."

"I'm Lily Evans," She responds with a kind smile.

"Nice to meet you," I say.

"You too," She says. "You're bed is that one over there." She points to the one by the window.

"Thanks," I say, smiling at her.

She seems nice.

I walk over to my bed and open my trunk. I pull out a blanket. Its one that I've had ever since I was a young child, I used to not be able to sleep without it. I don't need it now, it just reminds me of home. I carefully place it on my bed on top of all the other blankets.

Then I see a framed picture that I packed. It's a photograph of me and Sirius. It was taken a few months back, our family was out on a walk by the lake near our house, and me and Sirius had decided to feed some ducks. He then, as a joke, pushed me into the lake. I had grabbed him as I was falling and he ended up falling in with me. We both found it hilarious, our mother on the other hand was not amused. Our younger brother Regulus took the photo of us in the water laughing our heads off. I smile looking back at the picture. I then begin reminiscing about all the fun times me and Sirius had together.