42 - Cuddles

I smile as Remus joins me on the couch in the common room, tightly wrapping his arms around me, cuddling his head into my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I ask softly, running my hand through his hair.

"Headache," He mumbles. "Stupid moon."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"Blow up the moon," He answers.

"I can definitely try," I respond. "But I doubt I could do that."

He doesn't say anything more, just hugs me tighter.

"Do you need anything to drink?" I ask, thinking it might help.

"Yeah, but I don't want to stop hugging you," He replies.

"That is a dilemma," I nod. "How about you go up to bed, I can go make you some tea and then I can come back and hug you a lot."

"Nope, sounds horrible, I'd have to stop hugging you."

I chuckle slightly. "Please, I just want you to drink something, it might make you feel a little better."

"Ugh, fine," He dramatically groans, letting go of me.

"Do you want me to also get some dinner from the kitchens?" I ask. "That way we can eat in peace without having to deal with people."

"That would be great, thank you," He says.

"I'll be back soon," I say, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Just try to relax."

We spend the rest of the day cuddled up in his bed, which thankfully makes Remus feel a little better.

~*𓃦*~

"Will you shut up," I whisper. James, Sirius, Peter and I were crammed under the invisibility cloak, trying to get to the whomping willow, but apparently its impossible to do that quietly.

"No, and you cant make me," Sirius says, so I kick him in the back of his leg. "Ow!"

"You deserved it."

"No I did not," He argues.

"Shut up or I'll kick you again."

This does shut him up, so I win.

We arrive at the tree and change into our animagus forms. Peter stops the tree and we begin heading through the tunnel.

As always, its painful to listen to the sound of Remus transforming. I hate that he has to go through this every month.

We arrive at the shrieking shack and walk in through the door. The werewolf freezes against the back wall, staring at us with wild eyes.

Something doesn't feel right.

We all stop and wait in place as he takes a few steps towards us before growling. I feel Sirius nudge me slightly before him, James and Peter all step back.

Ignoring the anxious feeling in my stomach, I take a step forward. The werewolf just watches me, not reacting badly. So I take another step. And another. And another. And soon I'm right beside the creature.

I freeze when he nudges his head against my neck, but I realise he's showing affection.

But then suddenly he starts growling again. I look where he's looking and see that James, Sirius and Peter had tried walking back into the room.

I gently nudge the werewolf, getting his attention.

He lets out a small bark (adorable) before walking over to the side of the room and curling up. I follow after him, laying down beside him. He lays his head on mine, as if protecting me from something.