25 - Confessions and Kisses

Remus and I don't get any time alone for the rest of the holidays, James and Sirius were always around, so we didn't have any time to talk.

And soon we were back at King's Cross, getting on the Hogwarts Express.

We meet up with Peter and go to find a compartment. Remus comes with us to drop off his trunk but has to leave to head to the prefects compartment.

We sit down and James, Sirius and Peter instantly begin discussing prank ideas for this year, most of which are way too extravagant and entirely impossible, but who am I to try and stop them from doing something stupid, especially if it will end in disaster and therefore be funny as fuck.

Remus soon returns, smiling at me as he sits down beside me.

"Hi." He says.

"Hey." I respond.

"So, what are they talking about?"

"I actually have no idea, I seem to have learned how to block out their voices, it's a useful skill, they're annoying as hell."

Remus chuckles. "Fair enough."

Neither of us speak for a moment, an awkward silence falling over us, though it wasn't actually silent due to the fact that James is apparently the loudest human on earth.

Remus speaks up first. "We still haven't talked about- well, you know."

"Yeah," I respond. "How about after dinner?"

Remus nods.
"If we can sneak away from them." He nods his head towards James, Sirius and Peter.

"They're easily distracted, we could get them started on some prank idea and they wouldn't even notice us leave."

"That's actually a good idea." Remus says.

"Why do you seem surprised?" I ask offendedly.

"I didn't mean it like that." He laughs quietly.

"Mhm, sure, meanie."

Remus just chuckles.

~*𓃦*~

The train ride seems to go on forever but we soon arrive at Hogsmeade station and get into the carriages that will take us to Hogwarts.

We arrive at the school and sit down in the Great Hall, impatiently sitting through the sorting ceremony so we can finally eat.

The meal was amazing as always, and after me, James, Sirius and Peter head up to the common room while Remus has to help out with the first years.

We hang out in the common room, I don't really pay much attention as the boys speak, I just wait for Remus to arrive.

He soon shows up, his eyes meeting mine as he sits down with us.

"So, how are we escaping?" I whisper to him.

"No clue," He responds. "It's not even like we could pretend to go to the library like we usually do to get away from them, it's not open right now."

"We could wait until tonight," I say. "I hate having to keep putting off having this conversation, but there's likely no way we're getting rid of them."

"Or, consider this, we kill them." He jokes, making me smile.

"Sure, I'm in."

After hanging out in the common room for a while, we head up to our dorms. Remus and I plan on meeting back down in the common room in an hour, so I talk with Lily, Alice and Marlene for a little bit. The girls soon decide to go to bed though, and I pretend to do the same, but secretly just stare at the clock on the wall until it's time to head downstairs.