7 - Return to Hogwarts

Its amazing being back with my friends again. I've missed them so much.

What I haven't missed however is how annoying and energetic James is.

"There isn't much time left of the holidays," He says quickly. "So we need to have as much fun as possible."

I roll my eyes. Can't we just relax?

"What've you got in mind?" Remus asks, knowing James has likely already decided what we're doing today.

"Well, the forest behind my house is huge and I think it'd be fun to explore it for a while."

Wow, for once James has an idea that doesn't make me want to kill him. That's a shock.

We all agree with James' idea and go get changed into clothes that we don't mind getting messy, just in case.

Once we're all ready, we head outside, James telling his mum what we're doing on our way out.

The moment we get outside James, Sirius and Peter break out into a run.

"Absolutely not," I mumble, watching as they get further away. "I refuse to run."
I hear Remus chuckle from beside me.
"James said we'd be exploring, not running. And knowing me, I'd fall flat on my face, and as funny as that would be, I'd rather not."

"Fair enough." Remus says amusedly.

"You can go ahead with them if you want." I say to him.

"I don't run," He says. "Besides, I like spending time with you."

We walk in silence for a bit, but begin talking about something random.

Then we catch up with James, Sirius and Peter, who are leaning on trees because they're out of breath from running.

We wander through the forest for hours, we see a couple squirrels and even a fox, we all climbed a bunch of trees, we laughed when James tripped over a rock and fell onto the ground (we're mean, but in our defence it was funny, and James was laughing too.)

But soon we head back to the house, just in time for lunch.

After lunch we spend the rest of the day relaxing, talking about our excitement for the next school year.

~*𓃦*~

We were soon headed back to Hogwarts, something I'm excited about.

I join in with the boys' conversation, but soon get bored of them and decide to instead read a book.

I still join in with their conversation every now and then, but don't really say much.

I apparently got completely engrossed in the book and didn't notice the food trolley come by until Sirius kicks me in the shin.

"Ow, what was that for?" I exclaim, looking up from my book.

"Want anything to eat?" Sirius asks.

"I want my shin to not hurt."

"Shut up, I didn't kick you that hard," He rolls his eyes and I glare at him. "Do you want food or not?"

"Yes please," I answer. "But kick me again and you're dead."

"You wouldn't dare kill me."

"Wanna bet?"

"Alright, shut up, both of you," James says, breaking up the mini fight. "Sirius, want to come with me to get the food?"

"You're just asking me to come with you so me and Y/n don't kill each other, aren't you?" Sirius asks.