26 - A Date and Christmas

"Hey," Remus says from behind me while I study in the library. I look away from the book I was reading and smile at him. He kisses me on the cheek and sits next to me. "There's a Hogsmeade trip coming up."

"Is this your way of asking me on a date?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says, blushing slightly.

"I'd love to go on a date with you." I say laughing slightly. "You absolute dork."

"Your dork though."

"My dork." I smile affectionately.

~*𓃦*~

"Oh, you look amazing." Lily says. I'd dressed up nicely for the date, it was still a pretty casual outfit, but I put more thought into my looks than usual.

"Thanks." I say as I look at myself in the mirror. I do look quite nice.

"Now, why are you all dressed up if all you're doing is hanging out with Remus, hmm?" She asks, smirking at me.

"Am I not allowed to look pretty for no reason? I'm heading down for breakfast."

"You can't avoid my teasing forever," Lily says as I head towards the door.

"Yep, but I can avoid it right now."

"I demand all the details about your date," she says. I stop at the door, glaring at her for a moment before rolling my eyes and leaving.

Obviously nobody knew that it actually was a date - I made up some excuse to the boys about how I need new books to read and wanted to spend most of the day in the bookstore, which they hate, so Remus and I get to be alone - but the teasing from my friends, especially Lily and James, was making me freak out internally. What if they figure out it actually is a date?

I shake away my thoughts as walk down the stairs and into the common room.

"Oh wow," Remus says upon seeing me, a smile appearing on his face. "You look wonderful."

"You look nice too." I say. Remus was wearing an outfit that he would normally wear. Some denim jeans and a knitted sweater.

"I look the same as I usually do." He says.

"Well, you look nice all the time."

He laughs and puts an arm around my waist.

"Lets go get breakfast." He says and we exit the common room and head down to the Great Hall. We sit with James, Sirius and Peter as we have breakfast, but then leave them when we begin the journey to Hogsmeade.

Finally, we were alone.

"There's a new teashop that opened up, wanna go check it out?" Remus asks and I nod. He takes my hand in his and leads the way. We stop outside a shop called Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. It was very pink and had many bows on it.

"Well this seems..." I stop, not knowing how to finish that sentence.

"Interesting?" Remus questions.

"That's one word for it." I mutter and Remus laughs.

"It's worth a try." He shrugs and we enter the tea shop, which was just as pink and bow covered as the outside, and a bell chimes as we open the door.
It's quite cramped inside but we find a table and sit at it. There were many couples kissing and making out, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable.
A woman, who I'm assuming is Madam Puddifoot, comes and takes our order. We both order a hot chocolate each.

"Well, this place is...." Remus says.

"Interesting?" I say, using his words from earlier and we both burst into laughter.