27 - Telling Them

I sit quietly in the common room reading a book on the sofa when I suddenly feel someone come up from behind me and pull me into a tight hug.

"Hi." Remus mutters into my ear and I smile as I put the book down on the arm of the chair.

"What's got you so cuddly today?" I ask as he releases me and sits next to me on the sofa.

"Tired." He mumbles as he lies down on me.

"Well, you better not fall asleep on me."

"Why not?" He asks and I laugh slightly and smile at my boyfriends ridiculous behaviour.

"Remus, what if someone sees us?" I ask. He groans and sits up.

"Maybe we should just tell people." He suggests.

"You're probably right." I say as I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, I'm not allowed to lie on you but you can lie on me. How is that fair?"

"I always lay on you, even before you were my boyfriend, so this isn't anything unusual to anyone. You didn't ever really lay on me. Don't want people getting suspicious." I say. "Plus, you make a nice pillow."

"Thanks, I think." Remus chuckles. At that moment James, Sirius and Peter enter the common room. I sit up.

"What've you three been up to?" I ask.

"We were at the library." James says.

"Why?" I ask. They don't willingly go to the library.

"We were working on the thing." James says and I instantly know what he's talking about. They were reading up on animagi again.

"What thing?" Remus asks.

"Something." I say vaguely. Remus gives me a confused look which I choose to ignore.

"Found nothing though." Sirius says.

"Were you actually looking in the books?" I ask sarcastically.

"Yes." Sirius replies. "We're not that dumb."

"I disagree." I say and Sirius glares at me.

"All this reading has made me tired." James mutters.

"Lets head up to bed." Peter suggests. Him, Sirius and James head up to bed and I can feel Remus staring at me.

"What were they in the library for?" He asks. I don't respond. I don't know how to respond. Remus knows when I'm lying and there's nothing I can even think of to tell him.
"Y/n." Remus says in a pleading voice.

"I cant tell you," I say even though I hate keeping things from him. "It's a surprise."
Remus looks at me for a moment before sighing.

"I'm going to bed." He mutters and stands up.

"I'm sorry." I say, quickly standing up. "I wish I could tell you."

"I understand." He says and holds his arms out for a hug. I hug him for a moment and he kisses me on the head. "Good night."

"Good night Remus."

~*𓃦*~

I hate not telling Remus stuff. He's the one person I tell everything but I cant tell him what we were planning to do, he'd try to stop us. Me, James, Sirius and Peter we're so close to becoming animagi in hopes to help Remus' monthly transformations. We aren't even sure that being in animal form will help, but it's worth a try.

One of the steps to becoming an animagus was that you had to keep a mandrake leaf inside your mouth for a month. This was going to be a problem. It meant that we wouldn't be able to speak for a month just in case the leaf fell out. What would we tell people?