9 - Bright Red

"I'm bored." Sirius complains.

"Then read a book." Remus suggests sarcastically as he was reading a book himself. Sirius snorts with laughter.

"Anyone got any good suggestions that wont make me more bored?"

"Do us all a favour and be quiet." I suggest.

"That's not a good suggestion," Sirius replies. "And we all know that I am incapable of shutting up."

I roll my eyes.

"How about we prank someone?" James suggests with a mischievous look on his face and Sirius' face lights up.

"Finally, someone has a good idea." He says happily. "Who should we prank and what should we do?"

"Definitely Snivellus," James says and I roll my eyes at the nickname. "We should do something that embarrasses him in front of a bunch of people. Y/n, you're good at charms right?"

"I am not helping you with this." I say as I pull a book out my bag and begin reading.

"C'mon Y/n." Sirius whines.

"No." I say stubbornly.

"Peter, you in?" James asks.

"Sure." Peter says enthusiastically. I roll my eyes behind my book. Peter always goes through with whatever James and Sirius say.

"Remus?" Sirius asks and Remus puts his book down on his lap.

"What do you think the answer is?" He asks sarcastically.

"Yes?" Sirius questions hopefully.

"Wrong." Remus says as he picks up his book and continues reading.

"Aww come on. You two are no fun." James whines.

"Oh no, now my feelings are hurt," I say sarcastically and notice Remus smile to himself behind his book.

"No need for the sass." Sirius says jokingly.

"Come on, please just help us do the prank." James says.

"Nope." Me and Remus say at the same time.

James and Sirius both groan.

"Maybe you should take my suggestion and read a book to learn about spells you could use." Remus suggests. "The library has some decent books on charms."

James and Sirius groan again.

"Fine, if you two won't help then we will take your suggestion Remus, we'll be in the library." Sirius says as he James and Peter stand up and leave.

"Never thought I'd hear Sirius say that he'll be in the library." I say as I put my book down on my lap and Remus does the same.

"I never thought he'd actually take my suggestion of reading a book." Remus replies and we both laugh.

About an hour later Sirius, Peter and James walked into the common room looking frustrated.

"I'm never reading a book again." Sirius says as he sits down on the couch next to me. "They are totally useless."

"I'm assuming you didn't find what you wanted." I guess.

"Of course we didn't." James groans as he sinks down into the couch. "There was so many words."

"I don't get how you two can read books willingly." Peter says motioning to me and Remus.

"Just gotta find the interesting ones." I say with a shrug and Remus nods his head in agreement.