44 - Finale

This is our last every quidditch game. Wow. That is crazy. Also nerve-wracking. Because if we don't this, we'll never have a chance to win again. I don't like that thought. We need to win.

All morning I'm a bouncy mess of anxiety and excitement. I am just feeling all the feels.

We head to the quidditch pitch and its obvious James feels the exact same way I do.

We all fly up as the match begins. Immediately, I focus on the game. Automatically throwing and catching and dodging as if it were second nature.

The game progresses and we score a lot of goals.

But just as I'm about to catch the quaffle, a bludger hits my arm with a loud crack. I let out a scream of pain.

"Son of a bitch!" I exclaim, holding my arm.

James calls a time out and we all fly to the ground.

"Y/n, are you alright?" He asks, looking at me with worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer. "We can keep playing."

"Are you sure?" Marlene asks. "Because I could literally hear your arm snap from across the pitch."

"My arm is fine, we need to win!"

"You heard her, she's fine," James says, still looking at me in concern. He seems to know well enough by now not to argue with me.

The game continues and I keep playing despite the agony my arm is in.

I know I shouldn't keep playing, but we don't have a backup chaser, if I stop playing we'd have to forfeit the match and I refuse to lose.

Thankfully, we aren't playing for much longer as our seeker catches the snitch.

We win!

I happily fly back to the ground, being pulled into a tight hug by James.

"We won!!" He exclaims. "Now get your ass to the hospital wing!"

"Fine," I say, rolling my eyes.

As I'm walking off the pitch, Remus rushes over to me.

"You shouldn't have kept playing," He says. "Your arm looks awful."

"Eh, doesn't matter," I respond. "We won."

"Winning isn't everything."

"I am quite sure James would've slaughtered me if we lost the game because I got injured."

"No he would not have," He says. "You're a bloody nightmare."

"Yep." I smile.

~*𓃦*~

I wake up in my own bed for the first time in ages. Me and the girls decided to spend our last night together, talking about our fondest memories of our time at school. It was fun and I really enjoyed spending time with the girls, I was really in need for a girls night.

Everyone else is already awake when I get up so I greet them cheerfully and begin getting ready for the day. I put on my Hogwarts robes for the last time and sort out my hair. Just as I finish getting ready I hear a knock on the door. I open it to see Remus leaning against the doorframe.

"Morning beautiful." He says and pulls me in for a hug. Marlene jokingly makes gagging noises behind me.

"Ready for breakfast?" I ask, ignoring Marlene. Remus nods his head and takes my hand in his and we walk down to breakfast together for the last time.