23 - A Really Shit Summer

Tw: abuse

The Summer holidays were quickly approaching, something I was not looking forward to.

"It wont be that bad Y/n." Remus says. We were sitting alone together in the common room, Merlin knows where James, Peter and Sirius are.

"You haven't met my mum, she's literally the spawn of Satan. Well no, she is Satan, so that would make me the spawn of Satan." I reply and Remus shakes his head amusedly.

"That explains why you're so evil." He jokes.

"Hey." I exclaim, pretending to be offended. Remus just laughs.

"Maybe it wont be too bad this Summer." He says.

"You don't know what she's capable of." I say, shaking my head. Remus gently puts his hand on mine, which sends sparks through my body.

"You'll be fine, you're the strongest person I know, you can do this." He says and I smile.

"How do you always know what to say to make me feel better?" I ask, leaning into him slightly.

"Because I spend way too much time with you." He says jokingly, making me laugh a little bit.

~*𓃦*~

We board the Hogwarts express, getting ready to leave.

Me and the boys sit down in our usual compartment.

I zone out, staring out the window, not interested in whatever the boys were talking about. I zone back in when I feel Remus put his hand on my arm.

"Something wrong?" He asks quietly.

"No, just lost in thought." I answer.

"Are you sure?"

I nod. "I'm fine."

~*𓃦*~

We arrive at the platform and I dread going home. James, Sirius and Peter were all saying their goodbyes and Remus stood next to me.

"You'll be fine," He assures me as he pulls me in for a hug. "Send me a letter if your mum pisses you off too much."

"You'll be receiving a bunch of letters then," I joke. "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'll miss you too." He says, releasing me from the hug.

I go say goodbye to James and Peter, then me and Sirius head over to where mum, dad and Regulus were standing waiting on us.

None of us say anything as mum grabs hold of Sirius and me and apparate home.

~*𓃦*~

We've been home for a while, thankfully the holidays are almost over, we'll soon be heading back to Hogwarts.

"I'm bored." Sirius groans as we hang out in our room, both of us laying on our own bed.

"Then find something to do." I respond. I'm currently trying to read, but apparently that's not allowed, Sirius needs attention 24/7.
He then goes really quiet, which scares me, so I look over at him.
"What's up?"

"Could you maybe paint my nails?" He asks quietly.

"I don't know Sirius, if I do you'd have to take the nail polish off soon anyways because mum would go crazy if she saw."