37 - A Pleasant Summer

The final quidditch match approaches, and the closer it gets, the more I want to stab James in the throat.

I didn't think it was possible for him to be more annoying, yet here we are.

Obviously, since James is the captain, he's even more motivated to win than he usually is.

On the day of the match, I whack James at least fifty times before eight am. But in my defence, that fucker woke me up at five to try and get to me train with him. I was feeling very murdery, so he should be glad that the worst I did was whack him.

After about thirty minutes of pestering, I did finally give in and get out of bed to train with him.

And then at around six thirty, Remus arrived with coffee to hopefully help me feel more alive, which I was really thankful for.

Then it was time for breakfast, and then the match.

We walk out onto the pitch, James approaching Ravenclaw's captain and shaking heir hand.

Marlene and I fist bump before we get onto out brooms and fly up, chasing after the quaffle that had been chucked into the air.

Marlene, James and I work together flawlessly. I may complain about it a lot, but James making us train almost every single day has seemingly proved useful.

The game progresses and I have no clue how much time has passed but it feels like its been hours. Everyone seems much less energetic than they were at the beginning. Even everyone in the crowd is less enthusiastic.

The other teams calls a time out, so we all fly back down to the ground. I go drink some water and try to re-energise myself. Now that we've stopped for a moment, I feel exhausted - which I blame James for, the idiot woke me up early.

We have to start the game again, so we all get back on our brooms and keep playing.

After another hour or so, pretty much everyone has given up. Marlene, James and I, plus all the chasers on the other team are just tiredly throwing the quaffle around in a circle, the beaters are just hitting the bludgers back and forth, the keepers are just sitting in the goal hoops, but the seekers are still trying to find the snitch.

The crowd is silent and looks as fed up as we are.

Then, finally, a fucking miracle happens, both the seekers suddenly begin shooting down.

Everyone watches in suspense as they race to the snitch.

It's exciting. And so suspenseful.

But finally our seeker grabs the snitch and holds it up in triumph. We won! And it would be a much more pleasant victory if I wasn't exhausted and hungry.

~*𓃦*~

Before I knew it, it was the final day at Hogwarts. As usual, exams were stressful but I survived and had hopefully done well.

I was sitting at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall with James, Sirius, Peter, Lily, Alice, Marlene and Remus. It was breakfast time but I wasn't hungry, how could I eat knowing that we were soon coming into our final year at Hogwarts.

"Y/n, you need to eat something." Remus whispers to me.

"I'm not hungry." I mutter and he gives me a concerned look.

"You've got to eat." He says and gives me puppy dog eyes. I try not to look at him, he always knew exactly what to do to get his way. I sigh and take a bite of some toast I had already buttered.