𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

I think you should check the tws for this chapter <3
Nash
After Octavia bought whatever she wanted from the bookstore or more like I persuaded her to buy because she said it was "too expensive" her words not mine , I decided we should do something that's long overdue.

***

"Where are we?" She asks scanning her surroundings, "we're meeting my family , they've been dying to meet you since the news of me having a girlfriend came out." I say and her eyes widen , "no , um I'm not...good with that family thing , Nash." She says suddenly seeming nervous.

"It's okay , mom is the sweetest and she's also a writer since you love books and all that , and um look my uncle isn't the best but he isn't bad either, and my sister-she's perfect you'll love her." I try to reassure her and she clears her throat a little , "what about your dad?" She asks her brows furrowed together while mine hit my hairline "you don't search about me, lenochka?" I ask clutching my heart dramatically.

Her lips thin in a line and she shakes her head "not really , why would I search about you when I see you everyday?" She asks raising a brow , "not even out of curiosity?" I ask , "nah." She says still sounding nervous as she keeps touching the necklace around her neck, the necklace, I've noticed that whenever she's nervous she keeps touching it.

I grit my teeth but force myself to push it away , I'll ask her about it later or better yet not on her birthday , "fine.." she says still anxious "it'll be okay I promise , and I'm right here tho nothing will happen and if you want to leave just tell me and we'll go have some ice cream." I give her a wink and she smiles like she's relieved.

***

"Hey mom." I say and hug the tall blond woman in-front of me , at 40 years old , Helen Spencer is still a gorgeous woman with a model-like body and blue eyes , "hey, honey." She says while hugging me back , when we pull away I attempt to introduce mom and Octavia but she has already pulled Octavia in a warm hug.

"So you're the girl who stole my boy's heart." She says smiling when she pulls away , Octavia smiles awkwardly while glancing at me , "so um he told me that you love reading books." My mom immediately says and I groan.

She's basically telling Octavia that I've been talking about her , god help me "I write them , so we're going to make a great duo." She winks at Octavia and she break out laughing ,I relax a little.

Mom leads Octavia in , considering me completely invisible , thanks mom "oh my god." Octavia mutters under her breath causing me to focus on her , she's staring at Layla's pets , I roll my eyes because those cats hate me I swear to god.

One of them is immediately licking Octavia's feet and the other one is just staring at her as if it's waiting for her to do anything, "is it okay if I-touch them?" She asks politely and my mother nods still genuinely smiling at her , and then Octavia crouches in front of the cat then starts caressing it's fur.

I watch the adorable scene In front of me with amusement , but then I'm distracted with my mom who's now giving me two thumbs in the air as an approval and whisper yells "SHE LOVES CAT , SHE'S THE ONE." She motions at her and Octavia laugh obviously hearing us, and I laugh too.

"Nashhh!!" I hear her yell before I turn , Layla I take her in a hug and she smiles up at me , slowly noticing the changes in her appearance, she's thinner , her face paler , and her smile looks...forced , yep I'm killing her agent, tonight, "I have some unfortunate news." She whispers to me so no one can hear , I raise a brow "what?" I ask her.

"Uncle wants to have a meeting with my agent , and you should be there too." She says sounding-sad? "Why the hell does he want that?" I ask her confused , "because you know, he wants to know about my whole modeling career and all that , he loves it more than me." She laughs bitterly.