𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖙𝖜𝖔

Nash
The only noticeable thing is the tension brewing in the air and slamming against my chest, it's hard not to notice the way her chest heaves with fast breaths, it's hard not to notice the way she tries to calm herself by squeezing Adrian's hands under the table, it's hard not to notice her watering eyes,it's hard not to notice her, but what's harder than all this is fighting the urge to pull her to me, comfort her, hold her.

"Fuck." One of her brothers curse under his breath but I wasn't paying attention to recognize which one, slowly one of them stands up, who I suppose-if I remember correctly is Brendan, the twin of her dead brother, he points a finger at him, "Your fucking death will be on my hands Jonathan, I promise you." He whispers darkly, his jaw ticking and cheekbones sharpening.

He swallows hardly and just stares at the floor, eyes watering and hands shaking, he's playing the victim, while he's anything but, I've trusted this man my whole life, turns out he's the person who deprived me from having a normal childhood, I looked up to him as a father, not just my coach, I respected him, I loved him, and it's becoming so hard to ignore the stabbing pain in my heart, It. Fucking. Hurts.

Cole slowly pulls his brother down, he seems to be the calmest, yet right now it's so obvious how mad he's, "you're gonna pay, don't you dare think you'll have it easy." He snarls, Jonathan doesn't get the chance to reply "finish." Xander says harshly, Jonathan's shoulders go rigid "finish what?" He ask his voice barely audible, "the fucking story." Octavia suddenly interrupts, her cheeks wet with tears but eyes burning with fire, "Octavia honey I..." he whispers letting the sentence drift of and my lips twitch, "don't fucking talk to her." Cole snaps.

"Finish the story Jonathan....both stories." He says and motions to me and Layla who slowly intersects our fingers together and gives me a weak smile, I slightly nod trying to force a smile to reassure her before my attention lands on the killer sitting with us, "How did that shirt land with you? What did you do?" I ask trying to calm myself, he swallows again and rubs his face.

"It's a very long story nash and you have to know that I'm not the only....person who was involved in this okay?" He asks, chin trembling and shame in his eyes as he stares right at me, poor guy "of course you know that..your father owned the club and he was the one dealing with everything at the time but after a while someone-someone appointed me as a new coach...someone he used to trust, so he-he decided to look in my past-somehow, he wanted to make sure I was clean and he had those connections to important people who discovered everything I've done in my past, Every. Fucking. Thing." He stops to clear his throat and layla's hands tremble beneath mine, I put an arm around her shoulder and pull her to me as she bites down on her lower lip to stop herself from crying.

I know that she's always been closer to dad, even closer to him than to me, and he always favored her, everyone knew it, and honestly it kinda felt fair, for her to have someone, mom and Layla nowadays are way closer than they've been before dad was gone, and yes I called him a shitty dad multiple of times, but he was just shitty...to me I suppose, not to her, and back at the time I tried so fucking hard not to hate her for it, and I knew that it wasn't her fault but I just couldn't help it, I wonder if she feels the same with me and mom.

"Go. On" I spit the words out of my mouth forcefully, he shakes his head slowly and holds up a finger as if he's telling me to give him a break, my lips twitch in disgust "talk, Jonathan." I say again, this time my voice is harsh, strange to my own ears, "he kept it a secret all along, watching me silently, waiting for me to slip up, but throughout this period, he eventually noticed that I'd been a great benefit for the team back then, so he kept me...for a while anyways, then one night he called me and it was really late I remember, he ordered me to come to his house to "discuss" some important work...." He stops to inhale a breath just as I exhale one, trying to calm the fucking anxiety creeping through my veins.