𝖙𝖊𝖓

Nash
"So , I have some news." The coach announces, not sparing me a glance , he's been doing that a lot since I started dating his daughter , his daughter god that's still weird.

"You already knew that we needed to travel abroad for some champions , but fortunately or unfortunately I really don't know , it's earlier this year , we'll travel by the end of the week, okay?" He yells and the players claps their hands excitedly then storms out of the room.

I walk to my locker when coach's voice makes me pause , "Nash." He calls me by my first name , which is weird considering our relationship is destroyed , I turn around and wait for him to talk , he sighs then looks at me "look, I don't like the way we drifted away." He says shocking me , I clear my throat "I tried to talk to you a lot , coach but you kept pushing me away because I'm dating your daughter?" I ask and his jaw ticks , "fake dating." He corrects making my blood boil.

I didn't need a reminder right now , he sighs again and raises his hand then points it at me, his chest rising faster before looking away, "if you hurt her Nash I swear to god you'll regret ever meeting me." He says, "you told me that before coach." I say calmly not wanting to make him madder especially through this season, it's hard for all the players and I know it's hard for coach too.

He shakes his head then drops his hand and turns away , "i really want to ask a question." I tell him and he turns back a little raising a brow at me , "why were you okay with me "fake" dating another woman and hurting her like you think I do, but not okay with me dating your daughter?" I ask , "because that's hypocritical coach and you always say there's nothing you hate more than hypocrites." I add and he looks at the ground for a while before answering me.

"Because Octavia-she's different , she'll fall for you if you treat her like that and she'll forget that you're acting , then when it's all over she'll be heartbroken and-once again she'll be an empty shell." He says making me shocked by his use of words , Octavia is anything but empty, and what the fuck does "once again" mean?

"You have no idea what she went through or what she survived so don't just come around and fuck over her life then leave her and think that she'll remain the same , no you'll break her , you'll make her weak, if she isn't already.." he mutters the last words quietly and I take a step towards him.

"You keep calling her weak , but the Octavia I talk everyday with , the Octavia that made my sister's life so much better and the Octavia that my mom adores is anything but weak , so stop calling her that , when she was little , did you use to hold her and keep whispering to her about how she'll become a weak woman and a- fucking shell?" I ask and realize I'm breathing harshly.

He looks at me right in the eyes before saying the next words , "I wish I could have held her , I never did tho." He says making me confused , "what the hell do you mean?" I ask , "well so it's not a surprise she didn't tell you though , I'm not Octavia's biological father, I adopted her 10 years ago." He says making my jaw hit the floor.

***

"Hey fucker." The asshole infront of me mutters while opening the door , I grin at him "missed me?" I ask not waiting for an answer before striding inside the house , "what did you do?" He asks raising a brow then crossing his hands over his chest.

I hold my hand up in defense, "I didn't do anything." I say still smiling at the fucker , he raises a brow "okay that's weird." He says and my smile falls , "you just-cause lots of fucking trouble." He says comforting me? God he's the weird one here.

"Okay yeah I want an advice." I say and his brows shoot up , "oh honey , do u want some blue pills?" He asks and I grab the pillow beside me and throw it at him , "what? I'll help you of course until your hormones are good again." He says making a face at me , "you're the last person I'd take sex advice from , and trust me that's the only thing I'm professional at-well besides soccer." I say and he laughs.

"Spill." He says , his expression changing , "my girl she's-um she keeps just , god it's like she's hiding from me , I don't know how to explain it-but like she doesn't want me to see who she is under all that façade...I keep finding things about her from everyone but her , it's irritating.." I say and he stares at me for a beat.

"Isn't she your fake girlfriend?" I call him asshole for a reason don't get me wrong, "that's all you focused on? And from now on Nikolai never mention the word "fake" anything and her name in one sentence." I say and a stupid smirk appears on his face.

"You're falling for her aren't you?" He asks his brows furrowed a little , "no I'm not." I reply immediately sounding like the liar I'm , "you just called her "your girl" and you're telling me you're not falling for her?" He asks and I immediately reply "well, saying fake before everything seems-stupid." He sighs "she won't just open up to you from the first two months nash , she has to trust you." He says , "yes I understand of course but i think there are some basics i needed to know." I say shrugging my shoulder off.

"Like what?" He asks raising a brow again , "like the fact that her father isn't her biological father maybe?"I ask , "uh uh you're overreacting Nash , I mean do you normally just go around telling people you just knew that your dad is dead?" he asks raising his hands in the air.

I run a hand across my face , "it's not like you also told her everything..." he says letting the sentence drift off , god I hate him , I would definitely jump off a cliff for him but hey..I still hate him, "Why are you defending her?" I ask raising a brow as Victoria appears from the room.

Good , it's two against one now , "yeah why?" Victoria asks her tone carrying a sharp edge, Nikolai's eyes widen then glare at me , I know he doesn't like octavia in that way but I love to win against him, sorry lover....

"Asshole." Nikolai mutters under his breath , and Victoria takes a step forward facing him and his sharp edges immediately loosens as soon as he sees her face , Jesus Christ.

I get out of their house leaving them two to bicker , it's obvious how this jealousy will end , and I really don't want to be witnessing my best friend having sex right now , I shut the car door behind me and slip in my seat.

I play some music to get me out of my thoughts while I'm on my way to Octavia's house but the only thing that keeps playing in my mind is Nikolai's words , you're falling for her , aren't you?
Fuck maybe I'm.

A vote would be appreciated 🫶