6

Reena started living in kgf. Been led a busy life as a workaholic she felt bored being at home.

"Rocky I want to continue my work " she said after completing her breakfast.
He opted to ignore it and focused on his food.
"Iam feeling bored at home"
He still didn't react to her words and now her eyebrows formed a frown.
"Iam talking here and what are you thinking. I just asked you if you are okay with me working. But no I shouldn't even ask you . Now listen Iam telling you that I will work." She yelled.

" But Shona What about your safety if you go somewhere out of kgf."

"Iam not going anywhere for you to worry about me. I will be working on calls from the home itself. I know very well you think that I will escape if
Iam out of this kgf."

He is still not speaking besides her compromising for him and opting for work from home.
"And now what happened? You are not willing to let me work right. I know about this stupid male ego." She muttered the last line under her breath but he managed to hear it.

"No Shona. Nothing like that. Iam just thinking that you will need a office and where to plan that."

'oh I know he is different. So he don't have that male ego that my father and Kamal used to show me.' Reena thought.

"No no Not really a huge office. But I need a cabin as a work place"

"But Shona If you explain me about your work process I can decide where it will be comfortable for you"

"We will design jewellery on orders, I have a team for that.
I also have to scrutinize them being made, for that I need to visit the factory for once in a week or so. I will also associate with lot of jewellery enterprises and hold discussions with my team. I have to hold meetings with my dealers for gold. And have to appoint executives for all my branches as a owner of the company."she explained.

All the time she spoke Rocky is looking astonished. He never knew his Shona is this great to manage all the works being all alone.

"Shona I think it would be great if you have a office. So that you hold meetings and all. I will look after this. Don't worry it will be completed as soon as possible."
"Ok"
"By the I must say Shona
Iam proud of you."
Reena's welled up as she heard this phrase for her after many years. Her lips had a broad smile.

" Maintaining a company all alone is really difficult, you should have a lot of courage and confidence.May be it's because of sasurji being a business tycoon. Isn't it?"
He asked.
Listening this Reena's face turned pale. His this question seemed like disturbed her mental peace. She stromed out of the place leaving confused rocky behind.

"What happened to her suddenly?"
Thinking this rocky left to his work.

It was late night when rocky reached the mansion and the helpers told that Reena didn't come out of her room and didn't eat anything.
Rocky knew that something isn't well with her from their morning talk. He thought of asking her once he returned.

He knocked her door and heard a "come" in her feeble voice.
She was sitting on a couch in her balcony staring at the dark sky. She looks like engrossed in some thoughts. He went and sat beside her.

A lone tear escaped her left eye.
"Mother" she mumbled.
"Ah?" Rocky is now confused what he heard.

On the otherhand Reena never wanted cry before someone. She felt that people will find her weak when she cries. She always tries to hold her tears.

She never shared anyone about her favourite person.
But today she felt he will understand her. He will heel her wound rather than poking it. Finally she mustered some courage to talk to him about her mother.

"You asked me from whom I got this courage right.
it was my mother,
Devaki Desai." Rocky can feel her voice breaking. He rubbed her back smoothly encouraging her to continue.

"She was married at eighteen to a man of double her age. Her marriage was a mere business agreement between both my grandfathers.

My father managed to give her a good life style but could not give her love.She always tried to be best wife.
Her world revolves around her daughter, Reena Desai. May be because I was the only person who reciprocated to her love. You know she used to say me that my life shouldn't end like hers. Her life was totally dependent on her husband who never had time to talk to her. She taught me to grow independent.
Seeing her like that I started believing love makes people weak. And I don't want to be weak. I was taught to never trust anyone because she was a victim of betrayal in every case.
Not like my father treated her badly. It wasn't an abusive relationship. Indeed he was a responsible husband. But she didn't want to be his mere responsibility.
I never saw my parents arguing with eachother even when my father used to yell on her and she used to stand still and weeping. She didn't have courage to yell back at him. But she wanted me to speak myself.
Her life was the great lesson she wants to teach me. She was naive but I was said to be brave."
Reena is having tears rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably. Her face turned red by all the crying.
Rocky took her into his arms to make her comfortable.

"I miss you maa. I miss you." She cried with her face in his chest.
Rocky kept caressing her hair untill her cries turned to feeble sobs. He took her to the bed and made her sleep.

" It's ok Shona, Iam there for you. Now you need a peaceful sleep.
Please stop being a crybaby.
Good night." He said still caressing.
She hummed as a reply.

Rocky now realised that
Reena Desai wasn't any spoilt brat she was a strong-minded woman and when a woman makes her mind strong world often calls her spoilt.
Arrogance was her Sheild to protect herself from the cunning plays of this society.
They both were same but also different.

He leads his life for his mother's words, she leads her life by her mother's words.

________________________________________________________

Hello!! Please do vote the chapter if you liked it.
Comment about how was the chapter.

Thankyou