20

Reena and Rocky were having their coffee in living room. Maya was also present there sipping her green tea but a little far from them. Vikram came rushing there.
" Mam, I have something to tell you. I'm trying to say it since my return."

"What's that? Is it about our company? What happened?" Reena asked.

" No no nothing like that."

"Then" Rocky jumped into the conversation.

"It is about me. That.."
Vikram lowered his head passing a shy smile.

"That?" It was Reena.
"That?" Rocky is excited too.

"That I'm going to get married."Vikram said it one go.

"Oh my god. Is it?" Reena was so happy for her secretary com friend.
"Hmm" Vikram nodded.

" It was fixed when I went to our village last week." He said.

" What's her name?"
"Meenakshi" Vikram answered with a shy face.
"Oh!!" Reena teased him.

"When is the marriage?"
"It is 4th of next month."

"See Shona even this punk is getting married, when will I??" Rocky spoke exotically.

"Sir!!" Vikram got offended by the name he is given by his boss's...
don't know what.

"Oh!! you are feeling so bad for that. Fathima amma" she turned to Fathima who reached there just now.
" Search a bride for your emperor, he is so desperate to get married." Reena mocked.
Maya kept watching the morning drama.
Fathima couldn't control her laugh and just nodded at the joke cracked by the most fierce lady she had ever seen.

Maya presented her town plan in Rocky's office. He was quite impressed by her plan, it consisted of everything he wanted. Reena was also present there.
"How is this?" Maya broke the silence as Reena frowned her brows.
"It's perfect. I think this should be implemented." Rocky said scrutinizing the sketch.
"But What's this?" It was Reena pointing to the houses in the sketch.
" They are the residential place for the people as you can see." Maya answered arrogantly.
" I know that but my question is why are they just beside the mines?" Reena raised her voice.
"Because most of the people here work in the mines so it would be accessible to them."
" Accessible!! The pollution from the mines is hazardous to the people." Rocky soon noticed that he missed this point.
"But miss Reena the residential zone is enough far from the mines that they wouldn't get attacked by something in short term."
" But the air through breath does it gradually with time and leads to chronic conditions. Isn't it?"

"Oh!! come on. They are already habituated to this atmosphere. If they are going to face something hazardous in future then they already have got it inside. Now, what's the use of taking the precautions?" Maya had anger all over her face.
" May be that can be the thing. But what about the new lives sprouting in this dark place. I don't want my people to face this anymore." Rocky declared and Reena is happy that he understood her point.

" Be sure that the zoning is done in the correct way by tomorrow. I'm not finalizing this plan." He continued.

"Sure." Maya answered in low voice and Rocky left to mines.

" It should be your first and last time to degrade the people working here. Be aware of that." Reena warned Maya showing her index finger.
" So now the emperor's keep is judging my work." Maya gave a disgusting look to Reena.
" Maya!!
Mind your tongue. I'm not any keep and it's none of your business." Reena shouted on top of her voice.
" Oh!! Is it? But you keep on poking my business."
" It may be a mere business deal for you but it's my LIFE and I own the every bloody right to question on it."
"And who gave you the rights?" Maya questioned.
" Rocky." came a quick answer from Reena with a proud smile.
Maya couldn't see her smile for more time and left from there.