24

Reena saw Mallamma and Fathima Amma with other female helpers sitting beside the dining on the ground with some bags of beans.

Turning to the left she saw Rocky busy in his work on some files may be he is working on the town plan and Maya, Kasim chacha, vanaram sitting opposite to him and his men standing around him in maroon. It's Sunday evening and the devil is still busy, neither he takes some rest nor he lets others to do it.

"What are all these mallamma?" She went to the women.

"They are beans that are to be stringed." She replied opening a bag pouring them into some big plates.

"They are so many."

"Because they are for the meals for workers tomorrow. We thought to string them here as it is easy when done altogether."

"Let me help you." Reena went near them.

"No madam. It's okay." Mallamma spoke.

"I want to help you." Reena is about to sit beside them.

"No, madam. You sit on the chair." One from the group of ladies over there said.

"Why so?" Reena sat on the chair next to them.

"We heard that you are the only daughter of a great business man and was raised up like a princess of Bengaluru. You won't be habituated to such things right?" Another lady spoke.
Reena suddenly has her smile dropping. They don't know, that isn't true for everyone.
Suddenly  her eyes got travelled to the sound and she saw shanthi's mother coming with Shanti in her hands.

"Shanthi is here!" Reena uttered with bright smile on her face.
Rocky who can hear the conversation turned his head to see Reena's radiant smile that only Shanti can bring.
His shona is so delighted by the kids.
He thinks that she will want to have them quickly after their marriage. So lot of hardwork to be done in upcoming days, he internally giggled at his thoughts.

"Oh! She's asleep." Reena is disappointed she thought of playing with this little girl till night. It is so much fun according to her.

"Nothing madam. She will wake up after a half an hour or so." Shanti's mother smiled at reena and sat near her with Shanti  sleeping peacefully on her lap.
Everyone started stringing the beans from their respective plates.

"Your daughter is looking so pretty." Fathima Amma complimented.

"Yes. Her features changed a bit from last time." Reena said admiring those soft chubby cheeks and stringing those beans.

"She is our lucky charm." Ladies starting talking.

"A girl always brings luck."

"It would be more great if it was a son you know because you only have one child."
A woman talked to Laxmi, shanthi's mother.

"I always wanted a sweet little girl for myself. " Laxmi replied.

"That's great." Reena had to appreciate this progressive thought of the lady.

"But now I feel like she is not lucky to have me." Laxmi lowered her gaze to her daughter in her lap.

"Why?" Mallamma asked.

"Look at her, she look like a princess. But I can't make her the princess she deserves to be." Laxmi turned to Reena.

"I want her to lead a life like princesses such as you do, a life of milk and honey."
Reena smiled sadly at the lady who misunderstood blood and guns as milk and honey and it seemed like everybody around her did the same.

"Coming from a small Village near the forests I always wondered how lucky will a royal life feel to lead.
After coming here I'm seeing it through you. I also feel you deserve to be treated this good with your warm heart." She said with alot of adoration towards Reena.