Chapter 4

The jet lands on Shield HQ and Rachel, Steve and Coulson exit to find Natasha Romanoff meeting them. "Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers" Coulson introduces them. "Ma'am" Steve greets her. "Hi. They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face trace" Nat greets Steve before turning to Coulson. "See you there" Coulson says as he leaves for the bridge. Nat turns to Rachel once Coulson's gone. "Hey Nat" Rachel greets as she pulls Nat into a hug. "You heard anything about Clint?" she asks quietly in her ear. "No but we'll find him" she replies as she hugs her back. They pull apart before leading Steve across the tarmac.

"It was quite the buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" Nat chuckles. "Trading cards?" Steve questions. "They're vintage, he's very proud" Nat replies. "He may not have asked him to sign his trading cards, but their exchange was hilarious" Rachel explains with a giggle. "He embarrass himself?" Nat asks, looking over at Rachel. "Oh yeah" Rachel answers with a laugh before looking at Steve to see him shaking his head slightly. "What? It was funny" she states with a smile and Steve smiles back before looking away from her.

The three of them notice Dr Bruce Banner, looking lost. "Dr Banner?" Steve calls and offers his hand for a handshake. "Yeah, hi. They told me you'd be coming" Bruce replies and shakes his hand while Nat and Rachel watch from behind Steve. "Word is you can find the cube" Steve states. "Is that the only word on me?" Bruce asks. "Only word I care about" Steve responds while Nat receives information through her earpiece. "Must be strange for you, all of this" Bruce assumes. "Well, this is actually pretty familiar" Steve responds as they start walking across the tarmac with Nat and Rachel following behind. "We're taking off soon" Nat tells Rachel and she gives a nod.

"Gentlemen, you might wanna step inside in a minute, it's gonna get a little hard to breathe" Nat tells the men before mechanical noises can be heard. "Is this a submarine?" Steve asks as he looks across the tarmac. The agent surrounding them start ensuring everything is secure. "Really? They want me in a submerged metal container?" Bruce questions in response. They make their way to the edge and see  a propeller rising from the water. The wind picks up suddenly and their jackets start blowing in the wind along with Rachel's shoulder length hair. "Oh no this is much worse" Bruce states before they follow Nat and Rachel into the helicarrier.

They reach the bridge and all agents are ensuring the carrier is stable. "All engines operating. Shield emergency protocol 193.6 in effect, we're at level sir" Maria Hill reports to Fury. "Good, let's vanish" he orders before agents work to activate their invisibility shields. Rachel glances over her shoulder to see Steve looking all around him while Bruce takes a quick glance around the room. Steve walks towards Rachel and gives her an old $10 note and Rachel chuckles quietly before putting it in her pocket. Fury greets Steve and Bruce before Steve walks past him and admires the interior while Fury talks to Bruce.

Coulson explains to the small group that they're sweeping for Loki and the compromised Shield agents. "We're still not gonna find them in time" Nat states worriedly. "You need to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asks. "How many are there?" Fury asks, prepared to supply him with whatever he needs. "Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them to gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition, that should rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce replies, no one understanding most of what he said. Steve looks at Rachel but she only shrugs her shoulders. "Agent Romanoff, could you show Dr Banner to his laboratory please?" Fury orders Nat and she leads Bruce of the room while saying "You'll love it Doc, we've got all the toys".

Steve stands between Rachel and Coulson as he asks Steve to sign his trading cards. "I mean, if it's not too much trouble" Coulson says politely. "No, no, it's fine" Steve replies, looking out at all the technology. "It's a vintage set. Took me a couple years to collect them all. Near mint, slight foxing around the edges but-" he explains before he's interrupted by a Shield agent. "We've got a match, 67% match.  Wait, cross match, 79% " the agent reports. "Location?" Rachel asks as she looks at the screen. "Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding" the agent responds. "Captain, you're up" Fury tells Steve and Rachel leads him to his new uniform before getting Nat on the way to the jet.

Nat and Rachel fly to Stuttgart with Steve and they arrive to see everyone rushing out of the building. They quickly let Steve out while Loki orders everyone to kneel. An old man stands up to Loki before Loki decides to make an example of him. "Look to your elder people, let him be an example" he states as he raises his sceptre at the man. He fires a surge of energy at the man, the same surge he used to attack Rachel and other Shield agents when he took the tesseract. Before the man can be struck by the energy, Steve jumps in front of him and uses his shield to deflect the energy blast back at Loki. Loki falls to the ground, falling into other people before looking up to see Steve walking towards him. "The last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else. We ended up disagreeing" Steve states as he stands tall. "The soldier, the man out of time" Loki states. "I'm not the one who's out of time" Steve responds as Nat and Rachel hover the jet behind Steve and point guns at Loki. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down" Nat orders through the tannoy. Loki fires energy at the jet and Rachel is quick to avoid it as Steve engages in a fight with Loki.