Chapter 61

Their marches become runs and both teams collide and the fight ensues. Wanda and Rachel throw objects towards their opponents using their powers and Spiderman becomes distracted by the objects being thrown in his path. Rachel throws objects towards Rhodey who's flying through the air, firing his guns at the rest of her team, trying to throw them off balance. Wanda turns her attention to Clint who's fighting Nat and uses her powers to stop Nat's foot from colliding with Clint's face. She swings Nat's foot away and Nat hits once of the machinery. "You're pulling your punches" Wanda comments before running off to help someone else.

While Rachel is throwing objects towards Spiderman, she doesn't catch Rhodey flying straight towards her. Before she can comprehend it, Rhodey has grabbed her and lifted her off the ground, allowing Spiderman to advance on Steve. Rhodey flies higher with a tight grip around Rachel's waist while she watches the ground below become farther and farther away. When Rhodey reaches a certain height he stops. "Rhodey, don't" Rachel begs as she looks at him from over her shoulder. Rhodey only lets her go and she starts to fall towards the ground. "Rhodey!" she yells as he lets her go. "Sam! I could use some help!" she frantically informs Sam. "Clint can you get him off me?" Sam asks, referring to Tony as he notices Rachel falling. Tony quickly becomes distracted by Clint's arrows, followed by Scott who's inside his suit.

Sam flies straight towards Rachel who's getting dangerously close to the ground. She prepares to use her powers to break her fall enough to survive but she knows she'll still end up with life-threatening injuries. Sam grabs her when she's a few feet from the ground and Rachel clings to him tightly and sighs in relief. "Are you ok?" Sam checks on her as he slows down to put her down. "Yeah. Thank you" she replies. Sam takes her hand and holds her above ground before letting her go and she lands on her feet and runs towards Steve and Bucky. She sends a ball of energy at Rhodey as he fires at them. She didn't plan on using her powers to hurt them but he'd pushed her to. Rhodey is knocked off balance by her energy and she meets Steve and Bucky. "That's for dropping me out of the sky" she states with anger as she watches Rhodey try and rebalance himself. "Are you ok?" Steve asks her. "I'm ok" she assures him before the three of them take cover.

"We gotta go. That guy's probably in Siberia by now" Bucky tells Steve. "We gotta draw out the flyers. I'll take Vision, you get to the jet" Steve strategizes. "No, you get to the jet. Both of you!" Sam quickly replies. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here" he adds. "As much as I hate to admit it... if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it" Clint agrees. "This isn't the real fight Steve" Sam reminds him and Steve sighs in defeat. "Alright Sam, what's the play?" Steve asks. "We need a diversion, something big" Sam states as he continues to avoid Rhodey's shots. "I got something kinda big, but I can't hold it very long. On my signal, run like hell. And if I tear myself in half, don't come back for me" Scott replies, already decided on his plan. "He's gonna tear himself in half?" Rachel questions with a glance to Steve. "Are you sure about this Scott?" Steve asks concerned. "I do it all the time. I mean once, in a lab and I passed out" Scott answers and Steve sighs.

"You're coming too" Steve tells Rachel and she looks at him surprised. "What? I can distract them, stop them from following you" she argues but Steve grabs her arms gently. "I can't let them take you. I can't let them put those cuffs on you again. I can't" he says pleadingly as he stares into her eyes. She can't disagree with him. She doesn't want to wear those cuffs again either. "Ok" she nods with a smile and Steve releases a breath of relief.

Scott grows to a huge size and Rachel stares in disbelief. "I guess that's the signal" Steve states before the three of them start running to the hangar. "Way to go, Tic Tac!" Sam praises with a laugh. Steve, Rachel and Bucky can see the quinjet but the tower beside the hangar starts to collapse so they run faster. Before Rachel can use her own powers, the collapsing towers is held up by red energy and they all glance back to see Wanda holding the tower up herself. Wanda stops holding the tower up when Rhodey fires one of his weapons at her and she clutches her head in pain. Rachel quickly throws her hands forwards to hold it up long enough for them to get through. She glances behind them and sees what Rhodey is doing to Wanda so she sends a ball of energy towards him to stop him from hurting Wanda anymore.

They make it through and Rachel lets the tower collapse. The three come to a stop when they see Nat standing between them and the quinjet. "You're not gonna stop" she states as she looks at Steve. "You know I can't" he admits, hoping he won't have to fight her. "I'm gonna regret this" she says as she raises her wrist, aiming her widow bites at Steve. "Nat" Rachel warns and begins to walk in front of Steve. She fires her widow bites but it flies past them and hits T'Challa who's climbing through the rubble. "Go" Nat tells them when they all look at her in shock. "Thank you" Rachel thanks her as the three of them run past her and get into the quinjet. Steve quickly starts the jet and takes off while Rachel and Bucky sit behind him.