Chapter 60

Steve runs towards the chopper but it's soon disabled by Tony who flies down to land in front of Steve.  Rhodey lands, in his War Machine suit beside Tony and Tony removes his mask. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony asks as he looks at Rhodey. "Definitely weird" Rhodey agrees. "Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this" Steve tries to reason with him before Black Panther lands behind Steve. "Captain" he greets. "Your Highness" Steve replies with a nod. "Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asks casually. "You're after the wrong guy" Steve states in protest. "Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday" Tony argues, losing his patience. "And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't" Steve replies pleadingly.

"Steve, you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Nat questions, making her presence behind him known. Steve only looks at her and turns back to Tony. "Alright, I've lost my patience. Underoos!" Tony shouts before Steve's shield is pulled from his arm and his wrists are webbed together. The man in a red and blue suits lands on the car behind Tony, holding Steve's shield. "Nice job kid" Tony praises. "Thanks. I could've stuck the landing a little better, it's just a new suit. It's nothing Mr Stark. It's perfect, thank you" the 'kid' replies. "Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation" Tony comments. "Okay, Captain. I'm a big fan. I'm Spiderman" Spiderman says and gives Steve a small salute. "Yeah, we'll talk about it later" Tony says, trying to shut him up. "Hey everyone" Spiderman greets the rest of the group with a wave.

"You've been busy" Steve states with a grin. "And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint, rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even wanna leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep... I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart" Tony answers frustrated. "You did that when you signed" Steve replies sorrowfully. He doesn't want this, but he doesn't have a choice. "Alright, we're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us... or a squad of J-SOC guys with no compunction about being impolite. Come on" Tony begs angrily but Steve only stands silent. "We've found it. Their quinjet is in hangar 5" Sam informs Steve through comms. Steve raises his arms, signalling Clint to break the webs. Clint releases an arrow from his bow and breaks Steve's wrists free. Tony quickly looks at where the arrow came from to try and find Clint.

"Alright Lang" Steve tells Scott. Spiderman notices something's wrong but before he can finish his warning, Scott grows to his regular size, kicking Spiderman in the face and taking the shield. "Woah, what the hell was that?" Rhodey asks confused. "I believe this is yours Captain America" Scott states as he hands Steve his shield. Tony gives his teams his orders and they all head after their targets. Black Panther heads straight for Bucky while Steve throws his shield at Rhodey.

Before T'Challa can get very far, Rachel steps in front of him. He tries to run past her but she attacks him as Steve runs towards them. She kicks T'Challa back as Steve throws his shield and hits T'Challa's back. Steve throws him over his shoulder and stands in his path with Rachel beside him. "Move, Captain. I won't ask a second time" T'Challa warns them. "Go help Lang" Steve orders Rachel and she nods before running towards Lang who's fighting Nat. She agrees that he's gonna need the help.

She sees Nat on the ground before firing one of her widow bites and small Scott is sent off of her. Rachel doesn't concern herself with Scott as she advances towards Nat as she climbs to her feet. She dives towards Nat and tackles her back to the ground rolling back onto her feet. "Sorry Nat" she comments as Nat gets back onto her feet. "Me too" Nat replies before they both starts their hand to hand combat. Rachel uses her powers to defend herself but never uses them against Nat. While Rachel throws a punch at her, Nat kicks her abdomen as hard as she can and Rachel hits the floor. Nat quickly runs off to help anyone else while Rachel catches her breath and Scott helps her up.

"Hey Cap" Scott calls as he throws a small truck at him. Steve catches it and stares at it as Scott and Rachel reach him. "Throw it at this" Scott orders as he raises a small disk. "Now" Scott shouts as he throws the disk towards T'Challa, Rhodey and Nat. Steve quickly throws the truck at the disk and when they make contact, the truck grows and heads straight towards their 3 opponents. "Oh man, I thought it was a water truck" Scott moans and Steve and Rachel glare at him. "Sorry" he apologises before they run off to find hangar 5.

The entire team reaches each other and heads straight towards the hangar where they can see the quinjet. Before they can run any further, Vision sends a beam in their path to stop them. They all come to a stop and look up at Vision as he hovers in the air. "Captain Rogers, I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good, you must surrender now" Vision tries to reason with him as the rest of Tony's team arrives. Both teams stand side by side as they stare at their opposing teams, neither willing to back down. "What do we do Cap?" Sam asks and Rachel looks at Steve's dedicated expression and sighs. It's only going to get worse from here. "We fight" Steve orders as he starts marching forward, his team following behind him. Tony's team starts marching towards them, preparing to fight.