| 21 |

inspired by my all time favourite book, the seven husbands of evelyn hugo by taylor jenkins reid

21

At just 21 years of age, Taehyung Kim has had numerous lovers and two husbands which didn't last as long as he had intended on their not so glorious wedding day. After losing hope and giving up on finding the one, he sticks to hanging out with his friends. And that's when he meets the soon to be love of his life, Yoongi Min, whom he'd actually met through a bar. They begin talking and becoming quite close, ending up in a relationship and after many months of dating, they soon get married. But will they last? Or will they end up like Taehyung's previous marriages?

It was New Year's Day, and everyone in his family and friends were partying their arses off to karoke songs that were way too outdated. He sighed and took a short sip from his half-empty wine glass, whilst resting his head on his hand. And since, usually people make resolutions that you're supposed to stick to for the rest of the year but end up miserably failing, Taehyung decided to think of one. Try not to get heartbroken. He was already sick of love, even at 21. Other people at his age haven't even got married, nevermind two times. He felt like he rushed too fast in his previous relationships. For instance, his first marriage when he was 18 years of age. It started soothingly but ended miserably and in debt towards the end. His parents weren't too fond of having their 18 year old son back in the house so soon after only being married for two months. Maybe, he wasn't destined to be with anyone. That could be it..Or maybe not. He filled his glass up with the rich liquid that he was dying to drink. Mostly because it made him forget how miserable his life was and he got to escape from reality for a few hours for what felt somewhat like an eternity. A lifetime. He was currently sitting on the barstool at the bar, completely alone but he didn't really mind. He couldn't be arsed to talk to someone, especially his family. He took another sip from the wine glass that lingered in his hand as he sighed yet again. But, that's when someone sat at the bar. Someone he didn't quite know. "You're Taehyung, aren't you? The one that's been married twice?" The tall male said, snickering towards the end as he ordered a white wine. "Who wants to know?" Taehyung sluggishly said as he looked up at the male. "Well, for starters, I do. And also, most people on the campas want to know too." The male exclaimed and took a sip from the glass that was filled to the brim of the rich coloured wine. "And you are?" Taehyung mumbled under his breath, placing the cup down on the wooden counter. "Min Yoongi. I'm friends with Jin." Yoongi said, chuckling at Taehyung's wasted and drunken state. "Oh–..He's never spoken about you before." Taehyung muttered. Yoongi scoffed as he spoke, "Typical of him. Anyway, I've actually been quite interested in your love life. It seems like a movie star." Yoongi laughed softly, "Mind telling me about it?". Taehyung nodded before clearing his throat before he spoke. "It started when I was 16, young and free. I met this guy in my biology class and we immediately clicked. He was good-looking, and I just wanted a boyfriend so it was perfect. We dated for a few weeks before breaking up because he found someone better than me. I moved on quite quickly and ended up having a few hook-ups during the summer.When I was 17, I finished school and went to college for an art course. I ended up meeting my first husband there, but we didn't start dating till the end of the last semester of that year. We dated for a few months and it was absolute bliss, I loved him at least, I think he loved me. Towards the start of February of the next year, we got engaged and had the wedding in March. We lasted only two months before he kicked me out of our shared apartment and I had to go live with my parents when I was 18. They weren't too fond of me living with them again but I was stern broke. I ended up getting a job at a local cafe down from my parent's house and met my second husband. We immediately started dating and soon got married after only knowing each other for four months. It started smooth but he started hitting me towards the end and I filed for divorce after 6 weeks of being married. Yet again, My parents weren't fond of having their 20 year old son being divorced twice so early in my life. After that, I gave up on love and thought it was best if I didn't get with anyone for a while. My parents wished that I was like my older brother, who's happily married with two kids at 26. Sometimes, I wish I was with someone who actually wanted to be with me. Did I really just tell my whole life story to someone I barely know? I really am drunk." Taehyung laughed towards the end, his voice sounding quite sad. Yoongi offered his hand out to Taehyung who at first refused but then took it anyway. Yoongi took them outside and they walked down the street, the sky pitch black. "I feel really bad for you. You deserve someone way better than them." Yoongi said as he rubbed his thumb against Taehyung's palm, making him instantly smile. "Yeah, I do. Don't I?" Taehyung cheekily smiled and they arrived at Taehyung's house shortly after leaving the club. "You want to come in? There's no point in you going home at such a late hour." Taehyung offered and Yoongi nodded, both of them walking inside and into Taehyung's bedroom. And this became quite a usual routine for the pair. And their friendship grew over the months. Taehyung began developing a crush for the elder. But, Taehyung didn't want things to turn sour if he did end up confessing to Yoongi, he wanted it to last. So, one cold night when Yoongi slept over at his house, he decided it was time to confess to him. "You feeling okay, Taehyung? You look like you've seen a ghost," Yoongi jokingly said whilst laughing, lightening the mood. Taehyung smiled and leaned his head on Yoongi's shoulder. "I'm feeling okay, just wondering about why my life has to be so bloody sad. I'm just sick of it all. I want to be with someone who won't ditch me after a month. I need something rock solid. And besides, I'm 21. I shouldn't even be worrying about this at my age." Taehyung sighed and snuggled into Yoongi's chest, his arm automatically tugging onto the younger's petite waist. "I understand how you feel, Tae. I've always wanted to find someone that won't leave me after a short period of time. And to be really honest with you, I'd want to be with you. And yes, that means I like you. It was just my way of confessing since I thought it was a good time. I'm totally fine if you don't feel ready to be in a relationship just yet, I'll wait and I don't care how long." Yoongi smiled as he spoke, his gummy smile growing wider by the minute. "I want to be with you, Yoongi. That would mean the world to me if we could be together." Taehyung chuckled, climbing on top of Yoongi and positioning himself so he was hovering above his lips. Their lips slightly brushed against each other. "You little tease.." Yoongi smirked, his hands lowering down to his backside. Taehyung giggled and pecked his lips before snuggling into him afterwards. And finally, Taehyung had found the love of his life.

Yes, this may have flopped but I really enjoyed doing a different concept that I'm not used to doing! It was really fun experimenting with a new plot. <3333!!!!

at the moment, i've nearly finished another oneshot too! hopefully i'll post that in a day or two. i won't be posting for a few days afterwards because i'll be on holiday. but, i guarantee that i will begin posting afterwards!