Khapter (3) Þrjú ~ That Time Liv Got Her Gifts

Liv has been in severe pain as of late, and Hela is scared shirtless because of it. The palace healers didn't seem to have any idea what is going on with her dear sister, nor does her mother seem to know the answers that could help her youngest daughter.

Liv is currently passed out in a private room in the back of the healing wing reserved for the royal family, Frigga on one side of her bedside while holding her hand and Aria's head resting on the other as Hela paced back and forth, her wolf laying at Fringa's feet. Because of his "kingly duties", Odin has not visited much. Hela has shown her distaste for her father's indifference to her sister many times, but this seemed to have caused her tipping point.

Storming out of the room and into the throne room where her father sat up high, not taking her eyes off of his one good one, she yelled a "Leave us" to the guards and nobles, all scattering before they could face the princess rath. Once the final Asgardian had left, Hela began her rant.

"Why? Why have you barely seen your youngest daughter, who is currently in the healing wing, in severe pain might I add, and instead you sit upon that throne doing little to nothing?!" She yelled at him, her eyes still never leaving his as she passed back and forth in front of the steps to the throne.

Odin just chuckled at his eldest daughter's protective side coming out over her younger sister, causing Fenris, who followed Hela to the throne room, to growl.

"Why do you laugh as your daughter could very possibly be dying?!" Hela fumed.

"My dear Hela," Odin stood, shaking his head as he stood and made his way down the throne steps. "Your sister is not dying. She will be fine, eventually, it shall just take some time."

"What do you mean? What do you know? Tell me!" She demanded, walking toward her father who walked right past her. "Where are you going?"

"Come, I shall show you what is going on with your dear sister," Odin stated, leading Hela out of the throne room and back towards the hospital wing that held her sister.

When they got back into Liv's room, Frigga turned her attention to the door and quickly stood, hand never leaving Liv, greeting her husband.

"Odin, what brings you here?" She questioned.

"Am I not allowed to see my daughter?" Odin jokingly questioned his wife.

"No of course not, it's just you haven't visited since she first came here a few days ago."

"Hela here has come to ask me what is becoming of our daughter. I have come to give her the answers she so seeks."

"You know what is making my daughter be in immense pain and you never thought to tell me?!" Frigga asked, outraged that her husband would keep such information from her.

"My dear, you seem to forget what we had talked about so many moons ago about our children's special gifts," Odin smirked. Frigga took a second to remember, and when she finally did, her face came to one of peace and reassurance, her shoulders relaxing from their once tense state.

"Would one of you be so kind as to tell me what is happening to my sister?" Hela interrupted, impatient to know what her parents are keeping from her.

"It seems," Frigga started after getting a nod of approval from Odin. "That it is time for the two of you to receive your godhood gifts." Frigga then looked back at her still unconscious daughter, carefully rolling her onto her side so her back was facing the three.

"Hela, be a dear and help me lift Liv's shirt so her back is exposed."

Hela had never disobeyed her mother's orders or requests, and she wasn't about to start now despite the many questions running through her head.

Once the shirt was lifted, Hela let out a loud gasp, as it was revealed that two small wing stumps were protruding from Liv's back, the few white feathers turned red from the blood.

"What is happening to her?!" Hela panicked, her hand just grazing over the wings.

"When you two got your godhoods, you were both to be blessed with the foundation of your own armies and tools to help you succeed. You, Hela were given a tool which I shall reveal at a later time, for it is of no use to you now. Your army is some of Asgard's greatest soldiers, who shall help whenever needed, though they shall stay with their army until called upon.

Liv, as you can see, got wings for her gift. There are many reasons for this but I think it would be best if it was explained when she is conscious. Her army, unlike yours, has yet to be chosen or even named. Only Liv will know who to choose and what to do with them." Odin said for his wife.

After telling his daughter a very vague description of what the princess' gifts are/shall be, he left, telling his wife and child to get some rest and reassuring the two that Liv will be just fine.

Neither left the younger twins' side and were right with her when she woke up the next morning, hungry and still in a bit of pain.

After a brief explanation from Frigga as to what is happening to her back, Hela and Frigga carefully brought Liv to the throne room to see the king.

"Liv, I see you have awakened! How are you feeling my dear?" Odin asked.

"Still in a bit of pain, though it is more bearable now."

"Very good. The pain should end soon, your wings just need a bit more development and then all you'll feel is natural growing pains." Odin gave a soft smile to his youngest, trying to reassure her in his own way that it will be alright in the end.

"Now, how about we go more in-depth on your gifts, my daughters."