Khapter (58) Fimm Tigir ok Átta ~ That Time Liv Was Confronted

I was sitting on the floor in my home in Iceland, Aria lying on her back on the couch behind me, enjoying the sunbeam when my phone rang. I peeked my eye open, looking at the caller's I.D. before quickly rushing for the device, hitting answer.

"Olivia! I'm so happy to hear from you, what is happening over there in the States? You and Nicholas have been putting me through quite a bit with how injured you both got!" I said to the woman.

"You knew, didn't you?" She asked, going straight to her question.

"Dear, I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more specific with your question." I nervously chuckled.

"You knew Bucky was alive, didn't you?"

My breath hitched, not prepaid for this conversation.

"Yes." I breathed out, closing my eyes to see her using my powers.

She seemed stunned by my answer, probably not expecting me to actually tell her the truth.

"Why did you hide it from me?" I watched as her face scrunched into what almost seemed like pain.

"Dear, I know you cared for him deeply, but you must listen to me so you can see why I did not say anything to you." I watched her let out a breath she was holding in, nodding her head.

"When James fell off that train all those years ago and was captured by Hydra, a part of him did in fact die. Now, when death happens to those I have a feather for, it falls. The thing is, Jame's feather never fell. It just stopped growing."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means that a part of him is still living. The reason I never told you, ignoring the fact that you were under the ice for quite some time with Steven, was because I knew what he had done to your brother. I was selfish, and I was afraid of what would happen if you knew the truth. I knew no matter what you would want to find him, but I also knew how dangerous he was. I wanted you to become... more prepared, I guess, to be able to handle information as big as that."

"Do you think I'm ready now?" Her small voice asked.

"Oh, dear, I know you're ready. That's why I'm not lying to you about this."

"Do you think we'll be able to help him escape? Help him get his memories back?"

"Yes, but I must tell you, it will take time," I told her.

"Liv, I've waited 70 years to see him again. I think I can wait a few more."

"Would you like me to let Anthony know? About all of it?"

"No. Bucky was my friend. Besides Steve, I knew him best. I'll tell him. At some point..."

"I have faith you can do it, Olivia."

"Thanks, Liv."