Khapter (45) Fjórir Tigir ok Fimm ~ That Time Liv Had a Chat

"I mean "I am Iron Man" does sound a bit pretentious." I shrugged, taking a sip of my drink while I typed away at my computer at work. I had been keeping up with Anthony via the news, and was talking to him via illusions. I saw an illusion of him that was copying what he was doing and vice versa with my own.

"Yeah, but he didn't have to be mean about it." He grumbled. "And what is this, this Avengers Initiative anyway? Its-"

"A group of superhumans or people with extraordinary abilities who come together to help save the world?" I chimed in, cutting Anthony off.

"Right. How did you know that?" He pointed at me.

"Because I helped think of it."

"And how do you know Director Eyepatch?" He crossed his arms over his chest.

"I met him a while ago, Anthony. Margret was about to retire and he was stepping in. Thought it would be a good idea to meet the alien that has been in this realm for centuries. Plus I've helped him with a case or two."

"Do you know how dangerous that is?" Tony shouted. "What if he has a different agenda than Dad and Aunt Peggy did? What if he nabbed you and threw you in some-some- I don't know, underwater prison?! I wouldn't know where you are!"

"First of all, I can protect myself against some Midgardians." I rolled my eyes. "Secondly, are you saying that the Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist would not be able to find me if something did happen to go wrong?"

"I mean, I could. It would just be difficult." He waved off. "And who knows what would happen to you in the meantime."

"Absolutely nothing. I am the goddess of life, Anthony. They can not do anything that I do not wish." I took another sip of my drink, disappointed to see that it was empty.

"Right... I'm sorry, what are you drinking?" Anthony questioned as I searched for the bottle in one of the drawers of my desk.

"Schnapps. I quite like the taste of it." I said, finally finding the bottle and happily pouring some more into my glass.

"Your drinking Schnapps?! Aren't you at work?!"

"Yes." I simply said.

"Liv, you can't just drink alcohol during work your a doctor!"

"And I have a surgery to attend in..." I looked at the clock. "Half an hour, I believe."

"So why are you trying to get drunk?" That question made me start laughing.

"Anthony, you have to remember that my metabolism is much faster than any Midgardians. I could drink dozens of these before feeling a thing."

"Right. I always forget stuff like that." He sheepishly said.

"I know you do, this is not the first time we have had this conversation," I smirked.

"Of course, it's not."

"And may I just add, Anthony that I find it very hypocritical that you were berating me of drinking on the job when you used to do the very same?"

"I-um..."

"That's what I thought," I said as there was a knock on my office door. "Come in!"

"Doctor Liv? I was told to grab you for the 5:00 surgery." One of the nurses said.

"Yes, of course. I will be right there. Thank you." The nurse nodded before leaving, closing the door behind her.

"I must go now, Anthony. I will talk to you again soon." I stood.

"Yeah, go save a life, Aunt Liv."

"I always do."