Khapter (41) Fjórir Tigir ok Einn ~ That Time Liv Saved Anthony Pt.1

Pain.

All I felt was pain.

It was as if little pellets were being flung into my chest, lodging themselves into my heart and knocking all the air from my chest.

Didn't Anthony have a presentation in Afganastan today?

Goddess.

Anthony.

I tried my best to run from my home office to my living room, telling Jarvis to pull up anything about Anthony while sitting on the floor, wings out and hands folded in my lap, searching for Anthony in my mind's eye. My eyes shot open once I had found him, appearing bloodied and on the verge of death, but thankfully hanging in there.

"Don't worry Anthony, I got you now. Save your energy and rest," I tell him through my mind link. He seemed to hear me, because not a second later he succumbs to the darkness and allows himself to pass out. I make sure he is completely out of it before starting to slowly reverse the damage that somehow happened to him.

But I was too slow.

By the time I got the shrapnel completely dislodged from his heart with his heart being fully healed, someone must have started their own healing.

I could feel something entering Anthony's chest. Something that should never be in another human being.

Well shit.