Khapter (9) Níu ~ That Time Liv Gave a Life Update Pt.1

Mother gave birth to a boy a few years after my banishment. Asgardians are pregnant for about a year before giving birth, unlike other species that are only for so and so months. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the time difference between realms. {A/n ~ Yes I did totally make that up} Thankfully, the baby came on time unlike what Heimdall told me about the stress threatening to make her give a premature birth.

Heimdall even told me the name. Thor.

Odin and Friga must stop naming their children after what they wish their godhoods to be.

Not long after, Mother and Odin adopted a young frost giant. I believe Heimdall told me his name was Loki.

The Midgardians had finally discovered the island I am on. There were two different men who came around the same time one snowy day. One of the men named the island Iceland.

It's very original.

Heimdall has visited as much as he could. Sometimes he's even able to go with me to see the Midgardians in their little 'town'. Aria comes with us, as she never leaves my side, but as to not look strange for a female to have a giant lioness with her, using my magic, I have been able to turn her into a cat. Granted... it's a very large cat... but a cat nonetheless.

The Midgardians haven't bothered me as of yet. This might be for several reasons as for one, they see me as the scary Norse witch living in the woods. I mean they are not wrong but still. For another, I have been "magically" healing many of them and their loved ones with any illnesses or injuries. They have taken to calling me "Vølve" or a 'Seeress'.

In other words, a woman said to have the ability to foretell future events and perform sorcery.

So in a way, they were not wrong.

I mean, I don't see the future. I see the present. I do perform sorcery, though.

All in all, these couple of centuries have been pretty decent.

~ A/n

The picture of Aria in cat form is above the chapter! For the very few of you wondering it is a Maine Coon cat.