Khapter (8) Átta ~ That Time Liv Got in Touch With an Old Friend

It had been a while since I hadn't been allowed back in Asgard. I still do not know what has happened to everyone. I know they are all physically well, as I have felt no pain of any kind. My remaining Valkyrie seems to be fine as well. The feathers for the ladies who had sadly passed had fallen from my wings, and are being kept safe in my room on Asgard.

I may not be able to go there, but I can still magic other things too and from.

I was able to create a small cabin in the wooded area I fell in. Based on some of the creatures I have encountered, I would assume I am either on Alfheim or Midgard. I can not be quite sure yet, however, as I have not encountered any life form besides the wildlife.

One morning, however, I received a visitor.

I was fixing the cabin, as although there was a roof and such, there was still much work to be done. Thankfully I had my magic still to help me. When I had finished putting the doors on, a bright light came down from above, blinding me and sending all of the nearby animals running.

I was pretty sure I was dreaming when I saw my gold-eyed friend walking toward me.

"I must be dreaming because you can not be here," I shout out, turning back around to continue working.

I heard his deep chuckle before he spoke. "I am here, Liv. It is good to see you."

I paused, before dropping the wood I was moving to the side, turning, and running right for my old friend who welcomed me with open arms.

That was until a giant force knocked me off my feet and practically winded me. I looked up and saw Aria loudly purring and rubbing her head all over my chest.

"Ari!" I pet her behind her ears. "Oh, my sweet girl how did you get here?! Did Heimdall bring you along?" I looked up to my friend to see him smiling wide.

"Indeed. Thought you could use some company here. She has also been quite the little devil in the palace. There have been several times when the guards would have to chase her out of several of the ladies of the Court's bed chambers. No one knows how she got in there, but it would always end in her tearing up the sheets."

"That's a trick I taught her in my youth to do to a Lady I did not like." I chuckled. "Every once and a while when she was bored she would go out on her own to do it. I never did figure out how she got in without my help."

It was quiet for a moment. All that could be heard was the sound of Aria's purring, as she was still laying on my chest refusing to move.

"Where am I? I couldn't tell whether this was Midgard or Alfheim."

"You are correct in the thought of this being Midgard. It is currently the year 509. No Midgardian has yet to discover it so for now, you are alone." Aria let out a little growl. "Well, not counting Aria here."

"Why can I not leave?" I finally stood up, Aria continuing to rub her head on my leg.

"...Your father, well he has banished you. He wishes for the people to think both daughters died respectively in a glorious battle and are now in Valhalla. Or, more accurate that you are leading the souls in Vallhalla and Hela is finally on her throne in Hel. This is what he has led your mother to believe as well."

Anger raged within me. "How are they? My mother and Sister?"

"Your mother is in mourning. She has barely left her chambers and barely eats. This has not been good for the baby as of late, and she is at risk of early labor. Your sister, like you, has been banished, though to her kingdom in Hel. She has been trying to plan how to get back to Asgard and get revenge on your father. She would also like a bit of revenge on you for turning against her, though she does have her moments where she doesn't feel like dragging you to Hel with her and Odin, and I suspect her strong dislike for you will ebb at some point in time."

"Thank you that is very reassuring." I rolled my eyes. "Will you... will you be visiting again?"

"If it is what you wish then I shall-"

"I do... Wish it, that is."

Heimdall gave a small smile. "Then I shall be back soon. I shall see you, Princess."

"Till you return."

Heimdall gave a small bow, turned around, and left threw the Bifrost.

I already miss his company.

~ A/n

I put the pictures of what I would imagine the finished product of Liv's cabin would look like at the top of this chapter!