Khapter (34) Þrír Tigir ok Fjórir ~ That Time Liv Lost Her Friends

A/n ~ There's a bit of a time skip from the last chapter 

They're gone.

Both of them are gone.

I felt it that night when I was finishing packing to visit with Anthony, as I was to spend Christmas with him, while Howard and Maria were out away on their own private vacation. The wind was knocked out of me, and he was gone before I could do anything about his state. In a haze, I immediately went to check Maria, but she too was gone before long.

I couldn't save them.

"No," I gasped, my legs giving out under me making me fall to the floor. Aria thankfully caught me before I could hurt myself.

"Come on, Aria," I told the shrunken-down lioness, using her body to pull myself back up. Her body was more the size of a Midgardian lion than an Asgardian. "We have to see Anthony now."

Using my magic, I shrunk Aria to the size of a small house cat and picked her up. When she was secure in my arms, I closed my eyes and tried to see Anthony, who appeared to be falling asleep on his couch.

He has no idea what happened.

Using my connection with him, I quickly teleported to the front door. I may be his aunt but it's still rude to barge in unannounced via teleportation.

"Anthony?!" I yelled out, walking into the house after using my magic to unlock the door.

"Aunt Liv? I thought you weren't supposed to come till'-" He cut himself off, seeing my appearance and lack of bags. "What happened?" He rushed over, taking my arm and leading me to the living room to sit.

"Something happened, Anthony," I whispered, not truly believing what had happened.

"What? What happened?" He looked so worried for me, looking up into my eyes that had tears threatening to spill. I do not think he had ever seen me cry before today.

I tried to get the words out, clutching my throat as I could still feel the hand there from whoever killed my friend. I couldn't get any of the words out, so I slowly unveiled my winds. Anthony's eyes went wide, as it had been a moment since he had seen them.

"Aunt Liv, why do mom and dad's feathers look like that?" He quietly asked, pointing to the two feathers that were now just barely hanging on, before they dropped to the floor.

That's when I lost it.

I started sobbing, my one hand staying on my throat while the other flew to my mouth, a hopeless attempt at quieting my sobs.

Anthony stared at me, looking almost mortified at the sight of the feathers on the floor. He knew what that meant.

"Liv..." He trailed off, picking up his mother's feather. Howards was a bit longer, fully straight, and white in color, while Maria's was wavier and had some dark brown mixed with white.

The doorbell rang before he could finish saying anything. Anthony almost seemed to refuse to move, I calmed myself the best I could, placed my hand on his shoulder, and made my way to the door.

"Aria, stay with Anthony," I shakily told the small lioness as I walked away.

I opened the door, revealing two officers. Both wore solemn looks, holding their hats in front of their chests.

"Hello, ma'am. Is Anthony Stark home at the moment?"

"If this is about Howard and Maria," I choked out, clearing my voice in hopes of making it sound more together. "Then I will tell you now that he already knows."

"How is that? I don't think anyone was sent here before us." The officers looked at each other.

"We have our resources to know these things," I grumbled.

"We still need to talk to him, ma'am. It's procedure, pulse we have some questions to ask him."

I sighed, before opening the door wider and letting the two men in.

Merry Christmas and happy Yule to us.