Khapter (7) Sjau ~ That Time Liv Got Banished

Liv's POV ~

Everything was a blur. One moment, I feel like it's me and my sister against the nine realms. The next, it's somehow my Valkyrie sisters and me against my blood sister Hela. Part of me doesn't want to believe it, but she was right there, trying to slaughter my chosen sisters in front of my own eyes.

She was right there until she wasn't.

At first, I was fighting one on one with my sister, both of us barely able to get a hit on the other, the next, one of her undead puppets threw one of my Valkyrie at me, causing me to fall.

I tried with all my might to get my wings to work once more, to fly me up to the battle to help my chosen sisters, but they wouldn't work. It's like my brain could no longer tell them what they were supposed to do. My head then hit a piece of floating rock, knocking me out cold.

Unbeknownst to Hela, my sister's hope of defeating the Valkyrie failed, seeing as when she would 'kill' one of my warriors, I would send them off to Valkyria, the city of the Valkyries, and save them before it was too late. If I was too late, I knew they could handle the journey to Valhalla themselves. They were Valkyrie, after all. Bringing warriors to Valhalla is in the job description.

Few others had truly fallen, thank goddess. Only a few out of the dozen were murdered by my sister.

And only one, besides myself, was lost.

I don't know where she went. I know she's alive somewhere for I can still feel her, but no matter how hard I try I can not see her.

Perhaps Heimdall will be able to find her for me.

I awaken from my fall to see that I am on soft ground, my fall broken by the leaves piled around me. I groan sitting up, the pounding in my head slowly going away as my body works its magic.

"Father?" I ask, looking around for any source of life.

"Hela? Mother?" I start getting louder the more anxious I become. "Heimdall open the Bifrost."

Nothing.

"Heimdall! Open the Bifrost!" I start to feel like I'm losing it. Like nonexistent walls are closing in on me. My breathing increases and I feel like the realm around me is spinning. "Father take me home! Father?! Odin! Heimdall, please." I start all but begging, shouting at the sky for someone to bring me home. Tears start to fall down my face as everything starts to sink in, though I ignore them and try to pretend that there is a good reason no one had answered my pleas.

"Please, ANYONE! Sister?! Please," I am all but sobbing at this point, small hiccups escaping my lips every so often. I fall to my knees in frustration. "Where in the nine realms am I?!"

Odin's POV ~

She has been defeated, but at what cost?

My eldest, now banished to the gates of her kingdom in Hel until my death. My youngest has fallen to another realm of which I know not yet. My wife, thankfully ignorant to the result of today's battle. The Valkery, I assume are all safe from harm. If I know my daughter I know that she would have brought them to safety.

As a king, I should be protecting my people, no matter the cost. But as a father, I can't help but to hesitate over what I plan to do.

I already lost one daughter, am I ready to lose another, with the added risk of losing my wife?

I walk down to the Bifrost where Heimdall stands guard.

"My king, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need you to do something, but for you to do this is the biggest task I shall ever give you."

"You wish for me to keep Liv in Midgard for the foreseeable future?" Heimdall bluntly asked.

"As you must know, my eldest daughter has been banished to her realm in Hel and shall stay there until my death."

"And you have a similar plan for your other daughter."

It took me a moment to respond. How was I supposed to answer that without having my most trusted adviser turn against me? Would he even understand? He and Liv had such a strong bond I was sure they would court at some point in time, but the opportunity never came to pass.

However, I do believe they both wanted something to happen.

I took a moment to steady myself, preparing for the moment my main confidant loses his faith and sense of judgment in me.

"I do."