3: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 ☁︎

"𝑩𝒖𝒕, 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒍𝒐𝒘, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊 𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆"

✰✰✰

The skies yawned and rustled against the warm night in a prompted breeze and the fallen leaves and scrawny branches littering the damp ground were licked in moisture by the rain that poured down the city in fury just moments ago. There was stillness in the serene air, the smell of fresh ground and after rain inhaling any person's sense in sheer exhilaration. The city that transcended with upright buildings dripping with heavy droplets gleamed under the numerous streetlights. Luminous and astounding. Nature had mourned for the callousness of men and the limitless tragedy slinking down the slouching backs. She thundered and lightened, holding the woeful treatment of men in the lines of her body. 123. It doesn't stop. 456. Seconds go by, and time varies. But not men. Not the carelessness. Not the tragedy that awaits below our sleek tongues. Vile and dirty.

I sketched the moonless sky in my book. The flocculent clouds swaying stiffly and the deafening music of the hummingbirds. The whizzing screech of the many vehicles and the groaning of the hinges. I traced the lines in my book. I traced the lines of the world in the book. Black and grey. I didn't know how to paint like Jungkook. So my work remained black and white. But there was immense beauty in the dullness. In the lifeless. Just like the laid-out cat that I caught from the corner of my eyes. Dead and smeared in wry blood. Its body didn't heave. It was too late to bring life back into its petite body. My heart ached for the pain it must have felt, and I wondered how it must have died. So I sketched its fallen body surrounded by a swarm of flies in my book too.

I shut my book. Satisfied with the work.

"Ryu look there's a dead cat there"

"What?! Dead?! No!" Ryujin was a crazy cat person. No doubt the reaction, "Oh heavens! Look at that poor thing! I bet it got hit by a car. Omg, poor thing Minji! I should go and buy another cat tomorrow"

"You already have three, why four?"

"Because I just saw a dead one, it'll just fill me with dread"

"ok..whatever you say" Sometimes I wondered how beautiful it was that some of us humans love and care deeply for such creatures than humans. It's nice. I guess. Especially the ones who have lost complete hope in humanity.

"Are you done with social?" The day after tomorrow is the social exam. And yes, a stupid school for even considering putting history first. Who does that?

"Ugh don't remind me, my brain's fried. Have to look through the notes next" She sounded frustrated, "Ah by the way I forgot. Bogum said he'll drop by. I told that dude it was pointless, but wouldn't back down. And yes he should be here in about now. Or 1 minute?"

"Are you kidding me? Why are you telling me this only now? That nutmeg!"

The knock on the door made my shoulders slump. I huffed out my breath and was ready for the drama he was going to pull.

"Minji! I missed your frowned face" He abruptly pulled me into a hug, and I pushed him away and smacked his arm.

"Why are you here? At this time?"

"I called you exactly 7 times in 7 days. And yet you didn't pick up my calls. I was heartbroken that even my cat noticed"

"No! Don't talk about cats now!" Ryujin wailed. Bochum asked why and I explained it to him.