35: 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 ☁︎

"𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅, "𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒕?" '𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆, 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆. 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔, 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒔. 𝑳𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒚. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒆𝒎𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖"

✰✰✰

-Minji-

-8 years later-

I put on my satin white coat.

Nervously standing with the other interns, it was until after 5 minutes we were to be assembled near the resident. Who were to guide us, and say all the rules. I couldn't even make out my surroundings or who all were with me. I just saw people with white coats standing. Nothing else. My head was kept low. Counting the time, looking at the watch. It seemed that nobody knew each other so everyone was keeping quite, some pacing around, just one or two passing small talks.

Ding. It was time.

We all rushed to were we should be going and saw the chief there.

"Do you know how late you are?" The chiefs voice said loudly. Late? What did he mean by that. Throughout I was looking at the time. And we were right on time-

"By 15 seconds you're late" He said slowly this time. The hell? 15 seconds? So what? A ripple of murmuring broke through the people. Bewildered by his remark. 15 seconds was that long?

"It's only 15 seconds sir?" A smooth voice, of a male came. I peeked out to see his face. But couldn't make out.

"You don't speak until I ask you to! And. This is a hospital, people are dying here and living here. You can be a second late for a person to lose their life. A mistake to put them to death. You are surgeons! Punctuality is key. Skills at the most. You don't waste time here. Never. You get me?"

We all nodded. Afraid to speak. Except that certain guy.

"Yes sir!"

"YOU DON'T SPEAK UNTIL I SAY SO!"

We all scrambled away.

I and few other people that I couldn't even notice since my eyes were alert and solely focusing on my- our resident. She was a beautiful girl, who looked elder than me. And was in her first year of residency I guess.

"I'm Choi Sejun. Call me Mrs. Jun tho. And you'll be listening to me and only me. No careless acts. Be on your damn best behavior. We can't afford to get the chief mad"

I nodded eagerly- she started walking and we followed. I was the first in line while the others were behind me. She gave all the must followed rules and and the sections of the hospital. How to treat the patients, knowing basic stuff. She told us that we had to look out for the patient and do simple tasks as prescribing procedures and suturing.

"You"- she said pointing at a one of the girl, she waited for her to say her name.

"Oh-oh- I'm Somi"-

"You to room 41, patient Min"

She looked at a brunette and a guy, "You two sutures, down floor"

"And you two"- she looked at me and a guy from behind.