9: 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 ☁︎

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒊𝒙-𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒕'𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒔𝒐 𝒇𝒂𝒓. 𝑯𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊 𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒔"

✰✰✰

My fatigued body forced itself to wear the black dress that at the moment I dreaded the most. I eyed it with blossomed and exhausted eyes, not having the power to walk around and get dressed. It has been 1 week since he flew away from my life. One week since I've seen him. One week since I've welcomed melancholy. And today was the day we officially bid our farewell to him.

I hoisted myself up from my bed, knowing how much I wished, I couldn't go there in a dirty, depressed state. The least I could do was bathe. Slipping the loose dress from my slouching body, I went into the cold tiles of my bathroom and washed thoroughly. I cleaned each corner of my body and at times I felt jungkook's hands roaming around my body, helping me clean, his breath fanning against my nape. The mind has taken full control of me, and it keeps on displaying his images in front of me, hallucinating his warmth against me. And it only broke me even more.

After a cold bath, I started getting ready. The funeral was at 6 pm, and since he and his parents weren't religious, the funeral was going to be quick. After only wearing my dress, too exhausted to apply makeup, I went downstairs.

It's almost ironic, I just came back from my parents and now I'm back with them, in a hotel room here in Busan. His parents wanted his body to be in Busan, but I almost wished it was back in Seoul, in that way, I could've always visited him and told him all about life.

I peeked at the clock. 5: 30. We should go now.

My parents eyed me with empathy, pure hurt flowing in their eyes, but I couldn't say to them I was fine nor did I want them to comfort me. I just wanted space, away from everything. All I wanted to do was isolate myself in my room until my brittle mind snapped. I wanted to curl up in bed and play 'Still with You' on a loop. I wanted to scream but a wheeze was all that used to come. I took gradual steps and got inside the car glancing out the window. I assumed that Taehyung had already gone with his parents and I wonder if anyone from the UNI came since they had already conducted an assembly for his death where the whole school condolence over him.

The car started moving as the orchid of trees moved fast away from my eyes. Busan was big and beautiful. I once came here with Jungkook for Christmas vacation, I had the best days of my life and I insisted on coming here again. But this time if I ever go I'd be alone. I have wished to explore Busan more with him, he promised me we'd come here together once more. And now he-

Nowadays time seems to run faster than usual as we already parked our car but I wasn't even aware until my mom tapped me on the shoulder.

Getting out, a heavy feeling went deep inside my core, flames started coursing through my veins and I felt pure pain in my heart. I can't do this. I can't do this.

Suddenly a voice echoed through my mind. You can do this Park Min-ji. For jungkook.

He has already gone far from my reach but he still lingers around my soul. Enlightening me with his glory. Closing my eyes, I tried to calm myself down. We went inside the homestead, as only a small amount of people crowded the room. I saw his mother and father, not biological but still the best people. His body was concealed inside the coffin, with chrysanthemums surrounding his portraits. Today was the day we went and buried him. His mother first thought of cremating his body, but we all including his dad thought burying was better than keeping parts of him, lingering around us. That it would be better if all of him was buried under. That was the best option.