11: 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞 ☁︎

"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒎𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒅𝒚 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅. 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍i𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅"

✰✰✰

-Minji-

I can stop the tears if I want to.

But I didn't bother stopping it as I paced around my dorm room. A whole 1 week had passed and my Teacher had respectfully allowed me to have a 1-week leave. But I have to return today. And I didn't want to step into that place. Nowadays everything reminded me of Jungkook and I just lost control of my mind, I feared I might shed tears in front of people, and I didn't want anyone to look at me with pity, to see how crazy I could be.

I was already dressed but shortly after getting dressed, I started to get anxious. My current state took me back to my old school days, how pathetic I used to be, how broken. I tried to shove away my overthinking thoughts but nothing was ceasing it. I wish he was here. Another sob broke through my mouth as I crouched down. I didn't have any physical or mental strength to walk down the hallways while eyes poke holes into mine with either fake or real empathy. Knowing I couldn't do it, I took out my phone from the bag and texted Ryujin to come over.

After moments later a knock on the wooden door echoed through my room, with all my remaining strength I got up and opened the door. An abrupt hug from her caused me to stumble back a bit, but she held me firmly in place. And so I wept on her shoulder, my tears staining her dress. She didn't seem one bit bothered as she ran her fingers through my frizzy hair and gave gentle pecks on my temple. I felt myself ease up a bit, holding her tighter.

"It's okay, baby, it's okay" her assuring words dipped into my heart like a honeycomb.

After almost calming my battered soul, I gave a slight nod to her, in which she picked up my bag and we both headed out to our class. It filled me with great dismay knowing we both had a different subject for the first class. I wanted to fall and give up, but his delicate face ignited below my closed eyes. His vanilla words melted under my broken body, which gave me a wanting to still get up and live.

"You can love them and still let them go" his words which spoke the truth, said as he talked about his birth parents. Loving them even though they let this gem slip away from their malevent hands.

"I can love him and still let him go" I repeated his words. Nodding to myself as I gave one last hug to Ryujin before getting into the lively class.

The maths teacher still hasn't arrived, and I almost thanked her for it.

I could feel the eyes of everyone clawing into my body. Taking me back to the days when I despised when everyone gazed at me while I walked down the aisles. The thoughts that may have flashed through their mind echoed in my vast and messy mind. Overthinking was a bitch indeed.

Taking my seat. I sat defeated and monotonous. Even though the eyes stayed on me for a while they went back to what they had been doing.