33: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 ☁︎

"𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒂 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎, 𝒊 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌. 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒎 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆"

✰✰✰

-Eunwoo-

My both ears rang at times, and it never ceased like a perpetual agony. Like a static radio, my mind recollected memories, they were hazy yet prominent like midnight silhouettes under moonlight dancing by as the figures stayed black and outlined. Memories returning were a swirling mess of dust and rocks and scattered plastics circling through the air, but the polluted air that I breathe fills my lungs and distresses it. Similar to threatening my memories. Dust and unwanted particles and monoxide, like violin dwelling out music notes, elude out like strained melody, the pain and tension making it hard for me to want to reminisce anything. Shots of pain accompanied me at times and I was more than okay with staying in bed all day. My mom. Whenever I called her that it felt like an earthly whisper, wisping out smoothly. Mom. She stayed with me in bed too, her small arms wrapped around my body were all that I needed to melt away all the worries. The pain. The uncomfortable feeling. The infantry newness.

The foreign object. The phone. My phone. From that, I learned most about who I was and how I had been.

I had a bunch of American friends, and in the gang, I seemed to be the only Asian, not something I think I should ponder over. I was in my senior year, and it seemed that I was bratty, arrogant and spoiled. It was obvious that I was involved in a bad friendship. If we were friends they should've at least visited me once or maybe visited me since I woke up. But not one- not one from my camera roll. No call from my contacts. The world remained still and forward. While I was still stuck in the between.

My dad told me that we had gone on an expenditure and then he got a call in the evening reporting that I got into an accident but peculiarly being the only one who got injured and ended up in a coma. Further investigation led to the conclusion that I was given a dare and I rode through a place, periled destination I am certain. Which led to this. I wanted to bring all those guys over here, and scream into their ears and shoot bullets through their heads. It's pathetic to know that my past naive mind got involved with them and led me into a situation where I miss one year of my life while they live on as if nothing happened. Almost taking full advantage of me. I had no desire to even cross paths with them ever again. The only true people here with me were; my parents. And some of my family friends who were kind enough to visit me. Some faces were familiar, some were not. Some events could be deciphered, while some not.

A knock on the door startled me which tensed me up.

"Hey...Baby" The soft whisper of my mother called out to me. Oh, her sound, like a warm slap against the cold ground of January. I shivered from the abrupt cold gale from outside, she rubbed both her palms against each other, a way of warming up, "it's really cold right?" She went over to the ajar window and closed it shut. The snowflakes stamping onto the ground now no longer visible. I smiled at her and nodded.

"What have you been up to?" She sat beside me on the bed, leaning against the bed frame.

"Just thinking. About everything"

"Mmm...do you like this place?...or like Father said do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Because of me why should we change houses?"

"Oh, not houses...just let's go to another place, not here. Not America. This place has brought nothing on you other than bad things"

"What about dad's job?"

"Come on, you don't worry young man. Just say to him you don't want to be here anymore, he'll pack everything and we'll all go. He's a businessman baby! How much do you think they earn?"

"A lot I'm sure" I spread out my hand at the luxury around me, "But where exactly will we go" she squinted her eyes as if asking me if the answer was not obvious.

"Korea, love. Me and your dad's hometown" I nodded. Korea. People who'll look like me and won't discriminate against me. I'll be a foreigner there and it will be a new beginning. A new beginning. Maybe this time I'll try to live a better life.

"Mom, I was bad weren't I?" She looked stunned and gave it a moment of thought. Gazed up as if thinking and then looked at me, "Can I be raw and honest and teenage-ish?" I laughed. "Ok..."

"You were a bitch not gonna lie," She said it as if she was the kind who would promote cursing to a kid. To me.

I laughed out so loud that I fell onto her lap.

"How bitchy?"

"You were a sweet kid, obedient and lovely. Then you became a teen and met certain friends and it just got out of hand. I guess the worst of you was from the last 2 and a half years. And now you are back to that small kid who is back to being lovely" She smiled patting my head. I kept lying on her lap. And silence enveloped us.

Cha Eunwoo who is a bitch, bunking classes and getting drunk, being a literal bad influence. I wonder how even my parents missed such a bratty kid. I brushed it aside. Now I was back here, and I could try to be better for myself and them. I could start fresh. Go to Korea, be a decent student and survive. It'll be a beginning. And I was ready to be better.

"When you were 10, you took up a stethoscope and said you wanted to become a doctor and that formed into a surgeon and that formed into a neurosurgeon. We were so happy but then time flew and you no longer wanted that, you just kept avoiding everything"

I inhaled in a deep breath. Mind. What a piece of magnificence.

We both turned our heads at the sound of a car approaching. It was Dad. I didn't need to look at the clock to know what time it was since he always came home at 1, time to eat lunch.

"He's here, let's arrange the table" We both headed over to the kitchen. The maids were there and she smiled at them and told them they could go now. We took the plates and necessary items and placed them on the dining table, the strong smell of a variety of dainties invading my senses.

"I'm home!" His voice boomed. I had the urge to say to him that there was no need for him to announce his arrival since everyone could know and even our dog; Kyser knew at what time he came.

"Yea yea, freshen up quick, I'm hungry!" I said to him as he passed us and went directly to his room. Of course mom wouldn't let him touch her, not after he's cleaned.

I sat down by the dining table and soon enough Dad accompanied us, he gave both me and Mom a kiss on our head. I loved that habit very much.

"I've been thinking, about moving place"

"You did?" He cocked an eyebrow, "It's Korea only right?"

"Of course.. where else?"

"Considering you, you'd say China so just asking" Mom slapped his arm at that, and I just chuckled.

No, I really thought about going, to Korea"

.Continuing your studies there too?"

"Yeah," I gave a firm answer. At that, his shoulder relaxed and he let out a relief sigh.

Thank god I was expecting you to stay here itself. You loved here you know?"

.No...maybe...but I want to start fresh, I'll sort out other things later, but Dad wouldn't I be taking another year for senior year?"

Come on you are a bright kid, I can sort that out, you just take time and decide and we'll pack up and go right away"

"When's the latest we can go?"

"In about maybe two months, it depends on you buddy"

"What about your job?"

"I don't have to retire, I can manage everything from there, and I'll just assign someone" I nodded, pursing my lips.

To Korea, here I come.