12: 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 ☁︎

"𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆"

✰✰✰

-Jungkook-

The cold marble beneath me shimmered under the sunlight. Amid the clouds, maybe I'm perhaps slightly closer to the sun than standing on the Earth...? I had always been a morning person, so I loved how it was always bright here, unlike Minji who preferred the vastness of the nighttime. I was not one bit aware of how many hours or days have passed by. The sun never set here, like in the Antarctic which was blanketed by the warm petals of sunlight throughout. It had been quite a few days I assume since I'd seen Vees. It disappeared after our last encounter. I almost thought it may have poured down towards Earth like rain droplets, considering it was after all a vapour... I guess... cloud vapour. What did the Master even create? Does the Master have a name?

At the time not once did I feel boredom killing me, I was nonchalant, still and just blank. But still, I preferred Vees' company, I still had questions that needed to be answered. Indeed I had questions about this specimen of heaven. But one thing that I was sure of and that needn't be answered was that perpetual thoughts about her always occupied my vague mind. I hope she's doing alright.

Ambling along this remote place, I was unaware of the things happening outside of these cold pillared walls. Slumping, slouching, huffing out breaths, and blinking was mostly my routine. At certain times I'd hear faint eerie whispers echoing or loud shrills.

"Boo!" A sudden voice rang close through my ears almost scaring the shit out of me. Stumbling back I swivelled around.

"What the heck!" I shouted knowing it was my good companion.

Vees just smiled and placed itself on my shoulder.

"Hey, Jeonjon long time no see" Did that thing just say my name incorrectly-

"It's Jungkook, well how would you know since we met just once and then you ghosted me" Folding my hands I huffed out a breath.

"Oh jungkook, of course, I forgot to tell you, these days the Master was deciding where the people should be reincarnated to since it has been 7 months since they died"

"Wait reincarnating? 7 months?"

"Yea once you die you have to stay here for 7 months until you get reincarnated, some of them have been here for 7 months and it was time for them so we all have to be with the Master"

"So you're telling me I have to stay in this isolated place for 7 seven months?!" Even though boredom was not killing me it still sucked to know that I was going to have to spend 7 months in solitude which I didn't love since I loved being in a company more than being alone.

"Exactly. I'm free now since most got reincarnated and some didn't and those 'some' have to spend time in the Glass Garden until they're needed to be reincarnated"

"Ok ok a lot to process, let's start from the beginning," I said not processing anything.

"I know this place is called R.C. and that we get reincarnated, and somehow have to spend 7 months here and also there's a Master who does all the job along with his kids or whatever which are called Vees. Now, what else should I know" I said in a breath, saying all that I knew.

"Ok. Each person is reincarnated according to their characteristics, for instance, the kind ones with the heart of gold are more likely to be reincarnated into a universe of calloused men, and the contrast happens to the bad men who go into the good world. So basically you go into a universe which needs you the most. But some people may not be or at the moment isn't required in any universe, so those people spend their time in the Glass Garden. It's just an endless maze concealed with glass and inside there is a garden maze. The souls are tormented there and it's mostly because the endlessness makes them crazy. But you'll find the end once you've been needed in any universe and is decided to be reincarnated"

"Oh...ok.....how many years would a person spend in this garden?" I gulped. What a lot of information.

"It varies. Decades, months, 2 or 5 years"

"Oh and if a person's carcass is not buried then their souls wouldn't find their way here and would roam around Earth, causing certain destruction"

"Then what happens, you wait until they're buried, causing further problems?"

"Well, it only happens sometimes and those times a soul from here was sent to Earth in human form to find the body and bury it, mostly the victims of murder"

"Ok...another question, can't I see the other souls? Other vees'? When will I see the Master" I still haven't seen a glimpse of anything else other than me and Vees.

"Well, no, this place is also kinda vast and endless, and you'll only see the Master and we are not allowed to speak of his actual name until it's time for you to be reincarnated" Vees finally flew from my shoulder and halted directly in front of my face, "You're handsome by the way" Vees beamed as it closely scrutinized my face.

"Trying to change the topic, aren't you?" I slightly rolled my eyes.

"Maybe? I mean that's all information that you should be concerned about right now, and also I've said almost everything, but still, you're so handsome"

I laughed it out not knowing what to say. Indeed I was handsome, and my whole self was for Minji alone.

"You're girlfriend is very lucky I'm sure" Vees exclaimed.

"Yup she is and I'm certainly lucky to have her too. Luckiest man alive" I said proudly.

"When will I get to see her" Vees' eyes gleamed, and when Vees' words settled in my brain I understood what they meant.

"Hey! Don't you dare wish for her death! I hope you only see her after a century" She is a healthy woman, hopefully enough to live happily for a century.....?

"Woah, just saying man"

"Do y'all have a gender? Are you she or he" I said clearly out of the blue.

"Umm, I'm a she, I thought you figured it out!"

"How do you know you're a girl??" Vees turned around and came even close to my eyes and then I saw a slight small and faint mark, a prominent circle on her back.

"This circle shows that I'm a girl, X for boys. O for girls"

"No wonder you're a bit of a sassy thing" Cuz damn Minji was the sassiest. And I loved her sassiness. Vees exactly reminded me of her. Not by the appearance of course.

"Well of course" And yes she rolled her eyes.

I ambled with Vees following me from behind, suddenly out of topic to speak. The clouds appeared momentarily across from me, it was not white in colour but rather a dark shade of grey. I guess it will rain today. God I wish I could know what Minji was doing. Somehow Vees managed to be quiet, it felt a bit odd as she was slightly allowing me to sail through my sea of thoughts, the seas that move harshly almost ravaging the boat. A hurricane of mess. But not even a hue of melancholy, as I was just numb from all the water stored in my lungs and body. The pumping organ that allowed me to live and to pump out emotions was no longer in me. Erasing any kind of feeling. It was better to feel sadness flow through me rather than feel nothing. Because numbness suffocates you more than a harsh pain.

My gaze moved around, as a gale rushed past, causing my hair to fly through. Closing my eyes I tried to inhale any kind of scent that could satisfy my battered mind. There was none. Just nothing. Looking at Vees I saw she was too stuck in her mind filled with thoughts. I knew we should do something, to take a break from our minds. Something fun enough for those smiles to appear back.

"Hey, Vees do you know how to play Hide N Seek?"