28: 𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒆'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕. 𝑻𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚, 𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒆"

✰✰✰

-Minji-

We human beings are terrified of the future. The future that lies beneath the rugged leather of our already wrecked shoes, any wrong step and any wrong decision with the conclusion being nothing but failure. Today was worse but could tomorrow be better? What if it's not? Tomorrow has arrived yet I see no changes, should I keep waiting, keep toiling? All fables we read as kids say the same thing simultaneously, "Hard work pays off" That quote penetrates into the youthful mind and morphs into our belief, a universal truth that is apparently false. You could've worked your life drenched with hard work, the blood sweat and tears soaking your soul. You've ascended all the way to the summit only for it to slip off your blistered fingers. Down the rugged slope. You could've been a soul living your life with God, humility, solace and love yet you can still get tangled amidst the strings of the fiends. Ravaging you.

Life is life. No matter who you are. What you are. Life gives no fuck to anything.

That's the main reason maybe how formidable I am in starting fresh. Leaving everything behind once again and trying to live again as if I was reborn to live. It was a scary thing indeed to just start fresh. But it's a new beginning, I'm going to college, parting with my friends, and meeting new people. And trying to survive. Heck maybe I'd be less scared if someone I knew was there with me, but I'll be going there, maybe as an innocent sheep amid a pack of lions.

After careful consideration, of going on a small trip to Busan alone, no one but me, and intellectually in solitude. I enjoyed the warmth of the breeze and kept thinking about what I wanted. Not what I needed or what I should have. But from deep within on what I wanted, a decision that might not morph into a pile of regrets. I kept thinking and thinking, I went to Jungkook and continued thinking. I don't know what happened or what rose in me. But after the trip, I came back home and took the decision of being a surgeon. I was only a normal girl, who lived in a middle-class environment, which caused me to not get drawn towards neurology. Mind. It always amazed me. But neurology is very crucial and it was a wide journey. So I came to the conclusion of general surgeon, which took 13-15 years too. It was still medical, and it was less crucial than neuro and the better choice. More than enough. Either way, I've always been a kid who loved seeing blood and organs. And this decision was more than okay. I hope.

I wiped off the sweat forming in the insides of my palms as I got inside the campus of my university.

University of Ulsan College of Medicine.

There were many people like me, accompanied by friends while I just stood pursing my lips and looking around nervously.

"Excuse me are you alone or lost or.." A voice came.

I turned sideways as I saw a cute guy getting slightly shy while asking me, "Oh yeah are you too?"

"Yea, um I'm Park Jihoon" He bowed. He seems like a kind guy, "I'm Park Minji"