23: 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧 ☁︎

"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒊f 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔. 𝑫𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆"

✰✰✰

-Minji-

I and the others nodded for the 5th time as the policeman in his late 50s looked at us with a look of uncertainty on his face. It was clear as day that he and all the others suspected us and wouldn't prefer to believe a bunch of 18-23-year-olds claiming to have just accidentally found the body laying midst dirty puddled water in the middle of nowhere and yes apparently we went camping too, as he said. But then again the old and gruesome scars done by an obvious wild animal were also clear to him, But then again it's the 20th century, and you can't trust anyone.

Some other officers were sent by the man in front of us to pick up the others. Of course, they didn't let Namjoon go.

"Was there anything inside his clothes or lying around that you kids didn't take" Crossing his arms, he thankfully asked a question that I didn't hear from him on a loop.

"No Sir, we didn't, it was dark and I'm not sure we saw anything lying around" Namjoon took the complete initiative in answering everything while the oldest, Yoongi didn't bother. And another thing; we may have lied to the police well I threatened everyone to lie that we all found the body together and it was not just Namjoon, I've read enough to know that this unjustifiable law of people won't leave Namjoon alone if we were to tell them he found the body by himself. It was only fair.

I slightly flinched, hearing the nearby kettle cease to quietness from a sudden click sound, the drizzles of hazy fog sweeping out of it as a nearby woman in her uniform poured the water out from it into a cup. The water is hot and I shivered under the breeze that swept in through the ajar window. I hated kettles. Well, maybe my past encounters with it and how I have burned my skin because of it. 5 times to be exact, if I go near it then it'll maybe be 6. Just like how Jimin had bad luck towards chairs I had beef with kettles. Off-topic, but anyways.

"Hate kettles eh?" The voice of the exact man I'd termed as mysteriously mysterious spoke.

I arched my eyebrow, how can a random person read me so well? Even my friends can't, "Why would you say that", he shrugged and pointed towards his temple and mouthed 'brains' to which I rolled my eyes.

I looked at the yellow-bordered clock at the far end, 9 pm. Dorm curfew was 10:30, oh well these men better inform those people. I stifled out a yawn, closing my eyes in the process. I'm so tired. I rubbed my eyes and opened them only to see Namjoon looking at me with an unknown emotion, his eyes were lost within me..? Or was it something behind me? Looking behind my back I saw a young lady, maybe in her late 20s, her hair was tied back into a studious bun, and a linen line of black streak ran up her eyes, how is her eyeliner so neat? Her face was a shade of light tan and her dry lips were applied with no lipstick, she was not even wearing makeup yet looked so ethereal. You know those young women officers that wear an exceptional amount of makeup and shirt buttons that barely make out alive. Yeah, she was not like that. So young yet so wow. If in my eyes she seemed like this then in fucking Namjoon's eyes she might be a goddess.

The lingering thought of irritation crept up my chest. I scoffed internally at my present self dishevelled and covered in dirt. God these are the moments I miss Jungkook and how he made me realize my beauty.