12. Blindsides

YARA ROSEWOOD

Exiting her office, Yara heads down to the restaurant's main floor. Her assistant had run through her door moments ago in a panic. There were a group of large men causing a commotion and scaring off her customers. Much to her assistant's dismay, Yara instructed her to remain in her office while she dealt with these people.

"Can I help you gentlemen?" She asks as she walks out onto the floor. Five men stood before her, Yara recognizing the who stood at the front of the group. One being the man who stood center stage at the gym, speaking of the revolution. The second man from their attempted mission which Clayton had shut down - Without a doubt, they were here because of that.

"That's her," The man from the mission whispers to the other in charge.

At this point, the last of their customers were just running out of the restaurant, scurrying behind the group of large men. The floor was empty now beside the six of them. With her hearing, she knew the rest of her staff were hulled up in the kitchen, most likely peeping through the door. She did wonder though if any of them had called the police. It was a possibility, but she couldn't be sure.

"What's your name darling?" The man from the gym asks, his tone dripping in forced sweetness. "I'm Marshall."

"What's this about Marshall?" Yara responds, not answering his question.

Marshall's face scrunches up in anger briefly before he replaces it with a fake smile. "Is your friend here?" Marshall asks instead. "Your little boyfriend?"

"What's this about, hmm," Yara says in return, seeing Marshall visibly sigh in annoyance.

"I'll tell you what this is about, doll," Marshall begins, dropping his fake smile. "You and yours sabotaged us. Our revolution - The mission. We cannot just let that slide. And, I'd like to know why." He explains to her, his voice low.

"Well, Marshall. This isn't exactly the best time or place to address that - Now is it?" Yara replies.

"I want answers," Marshall states back.

"I could give them to you, but not here, in the middle of my restaurant during the middle of the day," Yara tells him calmly.

Marshall goes to argue with Yara's statement but the doors to the restaurant open before he could say his piece. Two uniform officers enter hands on their weapons ready to draw. "Good day, fellas. What's going on here?" One of the officers says as he comes to a stop - His stance wide and ready for confrontation.

"Nothing officer, just a reservation mix-up," Marshall answers. "We were just leaving. Not worth eating here anyway," He says glaring at Yara who raises an eyebrow at him.

With that, Marshall turns and heads for the door, the cop stepping aside, not moving his hand from his holster just yet. They watch the group of men leave the restaurant and walk away before relaxing their stance.

Yara spends the next few minutes explaining to the officers that the day-drunk group was just being a nuisance and weren't an actual threat to her. She fills out a quick report for them before going on to check on her staff. She decides to let everyone off early, sensing the unease pouring off them in waves.

Yara spends the rest of her time closing up the restaurant and seeing everyone out the door before returning to her office. She sends a text to Clayton, letting him know what had transpired before packing her things.

Going to her safe, she puts in her code - Retrieving her handgun and tactical knife. Concealing the knife in her boots and the gun in its hip holster underneath her coat.