33. Sean And Kai

"Well here, you guys could take my car," Sean says to Avery handing her the keys. "Kai and I will drive back in his, we'll see you guys back at Naomi's."

"Yeah, that'll work. We'll call with an update, and let you know what's up, okay?" Avery says in a rush. Stepping up to Sean she presses a kiss to his lips, "Be safe tonight," She whispers to him before stepping back.

"Sounds like a plan, okay let's go," Naomi comments at Avery's side. "See you guys later."

Kai gives a nod to his sister, Naomi returning the gesture - Saying goodbye to each other without the words. Turning to walk out with Avery, she stops mid-step turning to Sean.
"He doesn't know anything, keep an eye on him for me will you?" She whispers to him, soft enough for Kai not to hear. "Of course, now go," He says to her.

Sean and Kai watch as Naomi and Avery run out of the grocery - The two heading to T.C. Memorial to see their friend.

"Alright, let's get this done with!" Sean says to Kai with a slap to the back.

~

Thirty minutes later the two were at Naomi's loft, Kai using his spare key to let them in. The two started unpacking the groceries but soon found themselves on the couch with the snacks. They were only halfway through their first movie when Sean's phone began to ring. Seeing Naomi's name on the caller ID.

"Sean, we need you to come to T.C. right now. We're going to be in trouble. But it's Lycan related so you have to leave Kai there. Tell him I insisted on it, and also tell him not to leave when you're gone. Let him know I'll explain when we get back," Naomi rushes out as soon as the call connected.

"What? Naomi?" Sean mutters out catching Kai's attention.

"Sean we need you to get here before the Lycans who want to kill us do!" Naomi shouts through the phone.

"Okay, I'm on my way!" Sean replies, ending the call.

"What's going on?" Kai asks as Sean gets up from the couch.

"I have to go to the girls, something is happening," Sean replies.

"Are they in trouble?" Kai asks jumping up from his seat, grabbing his car keys off the counter.

"Listen, man. I can't tell you the details and I can't let you come with me. I know how that sounds but I don't have time to argue it with you. Naomi wants you here, she promises to explain things when she gets back," Sean says to Kai, his tone serious. "I need the keys man. Don't fight me on this, please. I have to go right now."

"Like hell," Kai says walking to the door, pulling it open.

"Kai, you cant-"

"Didn't you say you were in a hurry? Come on then, lock the door behind you," Kai says cutting Kai off and walking away from the door.

"Shit!" Sean hisses, running out the door to catch up with Kai who was just entering the elevator.

"Man, Naomi will kill me. She has a reason for not wanting you there, I swear-"

Ignoring his pleas, Kai presses the button to carry them to the parking garage. "If you think I do whatever my sister says you're mental."

"Kai-"

"Why are you so panicked? What's going on? Just tell me, man, to man," Kai says to Sean who lets out a frustrated groan, running a hand over his face.

The elevator door opens, Sean putting a hand on Kai's shoulder before he could exit. "Man I am begging you, please. Do what your sister wants. Hell, I want you to stay. I'm asking you because it's not an order from your sister. Go back up to the loft, stay inside while I get the girls."