69. Fracture & Hope

ARROW BERLIN

Arrow sits panting heavily, looking at the messiness of the room before her. She'd lost herself to her emotions, letting herself go into a screaming fit of rage, destroying her rooms in the process before falling to the ground with a sob. Her bedroom and secret room with her hunting equipment were the victims of her rage, their contents strewn all over. Arrow glances down to the bow before her, reaching out to touch it as tears flow down her face. Mere seconds ago, she had the weapon in her grasp, ready to destroy it. But she couldn't, instead letting it fall out of her hands as she sank to the floor, her legs giving out underneath her.

The weapon mocked her as she sat before it. Representing the very thing she couldn't be anymore, yet, she couldn't part with it.

It'd been three hours since Dean had dropped her at her home and now she was itching to call him back to her. Being alone with her thoughts was taking its toll, the silence loud and unnerving. She wanted to pull herself together and continue on the best she could but the moment she closed the door she lost all composure - unable to regain it.

This was her fourth day and she felt that time was slipping faster than she could grasp. Her mind, her life...everything felt fractured. 

A series of frantic impatient knocks at her door pulls her out of her head, bringing her to the present. Wiping her tears, she focuses on the present, acknowledging the potential threat at her door. Her address wasn't known to anyone besides Dean now, and considering all that's happened, Arrow begins to assume the worst. Pushing herself up off the floor she heads to check her surveillance.

Spotting an unfamiliar woman on her front steps, knocking impatiently without reprieve, Arrow grabs a handgun and heads downstairs.

"What?!" She shouts out from the other side of her door, pausing the woman's knocking.

"Arrow Berlin? My name is Vanessa, I have something very important to talk to you about." The woman shouts in response.

"I don't know who you are. How the hell did you find this place?!" Arrow yells back.

"Unrelenting perseverance!" The woman answers, making Arrow frown. "Please open, I have many things to discuss with you. Things that involve you."

"I doubt it, get off my property before I shoot you!"

"I need your help!" The woman tries again.

"I'm sure I can't help you, lady," Arrow replies to her. "If you don't leave in the next minute you will be shot!"

"I KNOW THINGS YOU DON'T!" The woman shouts desperately, "Your uncle, your father.." Arrow listens to her as she lists out the people in her life, not believing her bluff. "I know what happened to your friend, Ezra!" The woman continues, Arrow stepping away from the closed door in shock. "YOU'RE IN THE DARK AND I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE, ARROW BERLIN. LET US HELP EACH OTHER" The woman goes on.

Arrow watches the door in shock, the girl's words swimming in her head. She briefly considered the possibility of it being a trap but her curiosity was getting the best of her. Her want to find Ezra had inadvertently gotten her into this mess in the first place, maybe she could still get to the end of it and help him before things come to a head.

With her gun armed at her side, Arrow moves her hand to the door, unlocking it slowly, "Any funny business and I put a bullet in your head!" She yells the warning.

"Understood, but trust me, I need your help so there would be none of that." She replies.

Opening the door full, Arrow stands before her, watching with scrutinizing eyes.